Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One late reporting

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital One late reporting

Over the past couple of years, due to a prolonged family illness, we fell behind on our payments to two Capital One cards. Over the past year, we have been attempting to catch up, paying as much as we could each month. However, if our payments were at all below the minimum payment, we were getting dings on our credit report, anywhere from 30-90 days, even when payments were made on or before the due date. I have spoken with Capital One multiple times and they state that they are unable to remove this late reporting or late fees, etc. I recognize that this reporting is technically accurate, but unfortunately, it is a major blemish on my report. Any suggestions for dealing with Capital One and this type of account history? Thank you!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Re: Capital One late reporting

@Anonymous wrote:

Over the past couple of years, due to a prolonged family illness, we fell behind on our payments to two Capital One cards. Over the past year, we have been attempting to catch up, paying as much as we could each month. However, if our payments were at all below the minimum payment, we were getting dings on our credit report, anywhere from 30-90 days, even when payments were made on or before the due date. I have spoken with Capital One multiple times and they state that they are unable to remove this late reporting or late fees, etc. I recognize that this reporting is technically accurate, but unfortunately, it is a major blemish on my report. Any suggestions for dealing with Capital One and this type of account history? Thank you!

"Paying as agreed" means paying at least the minimum amount due prior to the due date.  It's completely accurate if you did not pay as agreed.  Others may chime in on ways you may be able to talk CapOne into extending some goodwill.  My condolences for the illness.

Message 2 of 4
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

I would try a good will campaign - look up the 'saturation technique' thread in the rebuilding part of the forum. Be patient and persistent.

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 3 of 4
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@K-in-Boston wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

"Paying as agreed" means paying at least the minimum amount due prior to the due date.  It's completely accurate if you did not pay as agreed.  Others may chime in on ways you may be able to talk CapOne into extending some goodwill.  My condolences for the illness.

^^^^^^

agree with this 100%.  Exactly what @K-in-Boston said. 

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.