Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One not reporting this month

tag
cartwrna
Valued Contributor

Re: Capital One not reporting this month

I had the same issue! Cap 1 finally reported my card and it had sat dormant since 9/2014. I saw a huge bump in score due to it was reporting the high balance all that time even though it was paid to 0!
Don’t take your credit for granted, use it with care! These days, catch me in the bankruptcy forum!?
Message 11 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am having the same issue! every single month like clock work my statement closes on the 10th and any changes are reflected with the bureaus by the 13th, until this month! i made a 1k payment long before my statement date and it has not updated. i have spoken to capital one every single day this week, at least 8 reps and they tell me to just wait. they use an automated system to report to the bureaus and that they are the ones that are not updating, they say cap one is not the problem even though i explain to them that i have also called the bureaus every day this week and they have assured me they have received nothing from capital one. they even go on to say that they report any changes instantly. I believe cap one is the issue here, and of course its the one month that i am applying for a mortgage and need my balances down. so frustrating! they tell me the only thing they can do is submit a dispute to the bureaus which i obviously cant accept if i am trying for a mortgage, PLUS the problem is not the bureaus. i have requsted they do a mid cycle update and they refuse. i have requested to change my statement closing date, they will do that but it doesnt update for 2-3 months so that wont work either. please let me know if you get any updates.

Message 12 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Late reporting for me as well

Message 13 of 16
cartwrna
Valued Contributor

I haven't had the issue since the first time, it seemed the only time I did have the issue was when I paid the balance to 0 after a balance had reported the previous month. I ended up calling and asking them to report due to it being incorrect information, that worked well for me Smiley Happy
Don’t take your credit for granted, use it with care! These days, catch me in the bankruptcy forum!?
Message 14 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

you called cap one and asked them to report it? its just so strange, ive never experienced this with them.

Message 15 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

on a side note: when i have issues/CLI increase request that i cant get resolved with chat/call customer service reps i email the CEO. someone contacts me the same day or next day and it gets results. its typically a call from the underwriting dept.(Mod Cut-Im sorry direct contact email info cannot be posted in the public forum)

I am currently waiting on a call now.

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.