Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One removing lates

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital One removing lates

I have one 30 day late from last year with cap1. I emailed the eo last week and explained why I was late and asked for removal. I received a call a few days later and she took my statement on why I was late. She called back today and said she was still working on my request but they usually didnt remove lates. She said she was going to see if they could make an exception for my situation and she would have an answer by Friday. Has anyone had success by emailing the eo?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Capital One removing lates

There have been successes reported on this. Its tough but not impossible

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was informed that cap1 will not remove my 30 day late. Ugh

Message 3 of 8
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Good thing is 30 day lates typically only affect your Fico for 2 years. I would ask every few months for the GW removal till it happens or its excluded at the 7 year mark.

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

She told me that Capital One will not delete because they determined that no error was made on their part. I can still send GW letters?

Message 5 of 8
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

She told me that Capital One will not delete because they determined that no error was made on their part. I can still send GW letters?

Yup, keep sending.

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just sent off a GW letter to Cap1 so hopefully, we'll both have some success! Good luck to you! 

Message 7 of 8
Whitneyy
Valued Contributor

I've had success three times getting lates removed for different people. I've gotten 60 and 30 day lates removed by simply emailing the CEO (google email address) and stating what happened. Capital One called them and asked for more information (they had medical issues) and then eventually the lates turned green. Also, I would like to mention the rest of their credit reports reflected issues around the same time due to health, I'm not sure if that played a role but I drafted out pretty good letters that worked. Good luck!

GOAL - 700 FICO across the board!
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.