Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One reported balance

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital One reported balance

My balance on my cap one cards was higher than I wanted when the first statement cut. But since they don't report until after the second statement, does that mean I have another chance to pay the balance to zero and below 9% and the balance that gets reported will be what it was at the 2nd statement?
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
crrredit
Established Contributor

Re: Capital One reported balance

Mine reported after the very first statement, but others here have said they had to wait a couple months. The good news is that it changes each month and has no memory of the previous month. So if you didn't get it just right this month, you can correct it next month.

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Don't sweat it.  Just pay it down for the 2nd statement.

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you! I was so mad at myself when the statement cut and I missed paying it down. I thought that balance would get reported and it would cause a score drop. I haven't gotten any notifications of any new accounts from myfico so I'm assuming they haven't reported yet.
Message 4 of 7
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Scoring is based only on your report at the time it is scored, not prior historical utilization.

Last month's scoring of % util becomes irrelevant when new reporting is made.

In actuality, there is benefit in seeing the score calculated using the higher % util.

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got two cards around the same time. The secured card reported after first statement and the unsecured after the second. As others said, next month won't be impacted after your score adjusts to new util.
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks everyone!! I shouldn't even be concerned with util at this point. My scores are still low and will be for awhile while I'm working on baddies. I just don't want to see any kind of a decrease. I paid off one card today and the other one I left about a 25$ balance. I think I might just leave them alone until after the next statement cuts.
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.