cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One ..revolving account but charged off? now with collection? but not showing as collection?

tag
Supafly535
Valued Member

Capital One ..revolving account but charged off? now with collection? but not showing as collection?

Hi Everyone!

I have a Capital Onecard that was charged off about a year ago for $565 - it is still showing up in my revolving accounts and is being calculated in my credit card usage. anyway - I called Capital One today (recovery department) and the girl quickly pushed me off the phone giving me the phone number to Alliance One collection agency and said it is now with them.

What do I do now?

Since it's not coming up as a collection yet or being reported - do I try to send the payment in full to Capital One? Or should I try to negotiatesomething with alliance One? Or should I keep trying Capital One until I get someone who is willing to help me there?

Starting Score: 530
Current Score: 646
Goal Score: 720

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Capital One ..revolving account but charged off? now with collection? but not showing as collect

Does it say on the TL placed for collection or something to that effect?  Is it showing a balance?

Message 2 of 13
Supafly535
Valued Member

Re: Capital One ..revolving account but charged off? now with collection? but not showing as collect

no it just says closed account by creditor. and still shows up as Capital One credit card revolving account.  doesn't say anywhere that it was placed with a collection agency and is not showing up in collection section.

Message 3 of 13
guiness56
Epic Contributor

It sounds as though they have placed it for collections and not updated their reporting to reflect that.  Is there any HP on your CR from Alliance?  If there is send them a DV letter, it will start a cease collections until they validate.

I hestitate to tell you to pay Cap1.  They would probably just send it to the CA who might turn around and put it on your CR as paid.

Message 4 of 13
ktl72455
Valued Contributor

If you are wanting to pay it, email upper management and they will help where the front line will blow you off.

BUT... you need to know they will tell you even if you pay it, the CO on yor CR will stay but show paid.

From MI.
12/4/12 TU 589 MyFico ~EQ 579 MyFico ~EX 577(Fako)

Myfico 8 scores
6/12/20 TU 803 ~ EQ 814~ Ex 784
My Wallet: Cap1 3,500K ~FH 2950~Credit One 1750~Credit one #2 1250~Orchard Bank 400 ~NFCU nRewards 18,000~NFCU Cash Rewards 18,500 ~Care Credit 12000~Discover 6000~Lowes 5450~ Amex 5400.00 ~ Harvest King 8000 ~ Langley~Penfed~Service CRU~red stone cru~
UTL 17%
Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Pay it ASAP anyways.

CapOne will hold on to that debt forever and it counts against your UTIL.

I paid mine off recently (CO that was 2 years old) and my score jumped almost 40 points. Even those it's in internal collections and/or charged off, the bureau's still see it as "revolving".

Message 6 of 13
ktl72455
Valued Contributor

wow cant wait to see what mine does once I get the 2 paid off on mine the first of the month! I'd be happy with a 1 point bump just be done with it!

From MI.
12/4/12 TU 589 MyFico ~EQ 579 MyFico ~EX 577(Fako)

Myfico 8 scores
6/12/20 TU 803 ~ EQ 814~ Ex 784
My Wallet: Cap1 3,500K ~FH 2950~Credit One 1750~Credit one #2 1250~Orchard Bank 400 ~NFCU nRewards 18,000~NFCU Cash Rewards 18,500 ~Care Credit 12000~Discover 6000~Lowes 5450~ Amex 5400.00 ~ Harvest King 8000 ~ Langley~Penfed~Service CRU~red stone cru~
UTL 17%
Message 7 of 13
guiness56
Epic Contributor

This is one of those between a rock and a hard place.

Cap1 owns the debt and is reporting.  Yes, it hurts utilization and they have the memory of an elephant.  It is not in collection or CO'd per OPs report.

If OP pays Cap1, and they accept the money, once it reports 0, it will be gone from factoring into utilization but the CO still remains.

Cap1 reports to Alliance the debt is paid.  Allliance can report that to the CRAs and tank the score even more.

Message 8 of 13
Supafly535
Valued Member

Yes.. It's definitely between a rock and hard place. Should I keep calling Capital One and see if I can get them to accept payment - so my utilization drops?

Message 9 of 13
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Even if you pay the CA your utilization will drop. 

What I'm worried about is the CA reporting since they have not done so yet.

I think I would DV the CA to cease collections then offer to them a pay for not reporting.

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.