cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One rocks..don't get discouraged if denied...

tag
roxiee

Capital One rocks..don't get discouraged if denied...

I've recently began to help my mother with her credit. She was able to open a capital one platinum with a low initial cl of $300 (have to start somewhere) she's been making timely payments and keeping her utilitization low for 6 months. She received a preapproval for the Quicksilver one card, applied and got denied. Since I've been basically stalking all you good folks threads. I encouraged her to call for a reconsideration, she was hesitant because of her poor credit. Instead she sent a secured message through the account portal and received a reply stating they couldn't discuss those matters by writing, that she would have to call. Shortly after she received an email stating she got approved with a 1k limit!! How awesome is that! Can't thank this forum enough, I'm educating myself everyday with all the helpful advice.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital One rocks..don't get discouraged if denied...

Wow! This is certainly great news. Congrats to mom.
Message 2 of 5
Cageym
Established Contributor

Great news! I have no problem with Cap1. I started building credit with them on a Credit Steps with a $500 CL. Now, just a few years later, I have a 10k Venture card, in addidiion to all the other good cards I have.

What's in my wallet: Cap1 Venture NFCU Sig Visa Delta Gold Amex BCE Citi Simplicity IHG World MC Amazon Visa CSP
Starting Score: 5/2010 550-ish
Current Score: 6/20/2013 TU 800 6/20/2013 EQ 770 6/20/2013 EX 775
Goal Score: 800 accross the board
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Very nice! I really like Cap1. I told my dad to apply a few months ago and he got approved for $300 CL on Cap1 platinum. 6 months later they increased his limit by $3000 making his CL $3300. I got my husband a secured Cap1 at the same time for $200 and 6 months later they raised his to a $500 limit.
Message 4 of 5
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@roxiee wrote:
I've recently began to help my mother with her credit. She was able to open a capital one platinum with a low initial cl of $300 (have to start somewhere) she's been making timely payments and keeping her utilitization low for 6 months. She received a preapproval for the Quicksilver one card, applied and got denied. Since I've been basically stalking all you good folks threads. I encouraged her to call for a reconsideration, she was hesitant because of her poor credit. Instead she sent a secured message through the account portal and received a reply stating they couldn't discuss those matters by writing, that she would have to call. Shortly after she received an email stating she got approved with a 1k limit!! How awesome is that! Can't thank this forum enough, I'm educating myself everyday with all the helpful advice.

Excellent, grats to your mom Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.