Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One's new Credit Score feature vs. CK

tag
IamB2
Established Contributor

Capital One's new Credit Score feature vs. CK

Have you guys noticed that Capital One's new Credit Score is the exact same score (TransRisk) that CreditKarma offers? I mean why even bother offering this score? It is alaready available for free.

Just had to vent a little. That is all. Glad Barclay's finally approved me and I get a real FICO score. From what I hear though, it may not be updated regularly. Nothing that's worth anything is free, I guess. Smiley Happy

FICO® EQ 717 (3/5/15); TU08 732 (3/5/15); EX: 723 (3/5/15) - Last app 3/15/15; Inquiries: A TON!

CITI ThankYou Preferred - CL: $2,000

Starting Scores: 590s on 12/2013. Hover over card image to view details! *After Amex approvals - [I was supposed to be] Gardening!*
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Capital One's new Credit Score feature vs. CK

@IamB2 wrote:

Have you guys noticed that Capital One's new Credit Score is the exact same score (TransRisk) that CreditKarma offers? I mean why even bother offering this score? It is alaready available for free.

Just had to vent a little. That is all. Glad Barclay's finally approved me and I get a real FICO score. From what I hear though, it may not be updated regularly. Nothing that's worth anything is free, I guess. Smiley Happy

Yes Cap-1 gives the same score as one can obtain from CK & MPM. This is the first bank I have heard to offer a FAKO score on a regular basis...

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.