Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One situation

tag
ltorres25
Regular Contributor

Capital One situation

I am really confused about this one and don't want to screw anything up so I need everyone's help please.

I have a baddie from Capital One on my credit reports. The CA that was reporting sent me a letter a while back after I DV stating they are removing that account from my credit report, which they have. Capital One is still reporting this CO so I contact them to try and get it removed, I sent email, letters, and called them by phone. Everytime I contact them they refer me to the CA and say that they CA is in charge of that account and that it is no longer in their hands. The CA they are referring me to deleted the account from my report so I do not understand why I would have to contact them about something they removed already?

I have the letter the CA sent me saying they are submitting a UDF to the three major reporting agencies yada, yada. What should I do to try and get this CO goodwilled off of my reports? Capital One says it belongs to the CA and the CA has deleted their line from my report.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you.

| TU FICO: 747 | EQ FICO: 746 | EX FICO: 741 | Last HP: 5/20/15 |
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Capital One situation

CapOne reports a $0 balance, right?

Message 2 of 6
ltorres25
Regular Contributor

That is correct sir.

Message 3 of 6
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

CapOne is tough to deal with. They can continue to report as a paid CO, and all you can do to continue sending GWs to CapOne. DW was in the same boat and I was sending up to 10-12 GWs per month to CapOne with no success. They continued to refer us to the CA. We had a couple of CAs come and go on it and seemed to fold easily after a DV. 

Message 4 of 6
ltorres25
Regular Contributor

So basically I have no chance of getting this CO removed?

Message 5 of 6
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@ltorres25 wrote:

So basically I have no chance of getting this CO removed?

I wouldn't say that. While CapOne is one of the toughest, I have seen success stories in here via GWing a reported paid CO to CapOne, resulting in a deletion.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.