cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One to Delete Besy Buy/HSBC Account!!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital One to Delete Besy Buy/HSBC Account!!!!

I am over the moon in excitement!! Sent Captial one a goodwill letter 2 weeks ago got a letter today. It reads:

" thank you for contacting us about your credit report. Based on the information you gave us, we researched your Best Buy account, issued by capital one. We know your credit is important to us so we want to help you understand the steps we have taken.
We're sending a request to the credit bureau's to delete the capital one account from your credit bureau file, in accordance with our internal reporting policies. Please know that your account was sold on July 10, 2012 the united Debt, and they may send updates about their account to the credit bureau's. You don't I was a balance anymore, but you may still owe something to United Debt. If you have any question about this you can call United Debt.
"

United debit isn't reporting on my credit and I PFD on that account back in 2014!!!
I never thought it would work! I am SO happy I found MyFico!! I LOVE YOU GUYS
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Capital One to Delete Besy Buy/HSBC Account!!!!

Good feat getting Cap-1 to do this, grats Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!!
Message 3 of 9
trnl2016
Regular Contributor

Congrats, that's great news!

Message 4 of 9
sdtrew
Established Member

This is great news. How how will you go about dealing with the company who own the debt now?

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@sdtrew wrote:

This is great news. How how will you go about dealing with the company who own the debt now?

The company that bought my debt never reported to my Credit Report before I paid them off. I paid them off over 4 years ago before they reported the debt so it never showed up on my credit report. 

@Anonymous baddie free and clear.... 5 more to go @_@ 

Message 6 of 9
TheBDub
Established Member

Did you send this to the PO box on your credit report? I literally have a postmarked GW letter to them waiting to go out Tuesday for a CO in 2011. Would be great to know if that's where you sent it!

Starting Score(Found em!) 3/13 EX: 392 EQ:421 TU: 408
Current Score: EX: 616 EQ: 657(Fako) TU: 619 01/14/2016
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@TheBDub wrote:

Did you send this to the PO box on your credit report? I literally have a postmarked GW letter to them waiting to go out Tuesday for a CO in 2011. Would be great to know if that's where you sent it!

I sent it to the follwing address: 
PO BOX 30253

Salt Lake City, UT 84130-0253

I recieved a response from the following address:
PO BOX 30258
Salt Lake City, UT 84130-0258

Message 8 of 9
TheBDub
Established Member

Fantastic, that's where mine is addressed to already. Will go out tomorrow. Thanks!
Starting Score(Found em!) 3/13 EX: 392 EQ:421 TU: 408
Current Score: EX: 616 EQ: 657(Fako) TU: 619 01/14/2016
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.