Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One

tag
SemperGumby
Contributor

Capital One

I just got off the phone with Capital One about an old charge off account that was sold to Midland Funding in 2009.  I have called a few times and keep getting stonewalled about trying to get a GW deletion from my credit report.   They keep telling me that I need to contact Midland Funding.

What I am trying to figure out is this.  Midland Funding is not reporting anything to my credit report.  

Has anyone had any success with getting Capital One to delete a charge off from their credit report?  Or in this situation am I better off waiting for it to fall off since Midland Funding is not reporting?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Capital One

Are you certain it's not on any of your three reports?  That is the place to check first, though it's reasonable I think to ask which bureau they're seeing it on so you don't need to pull all three.

        
Message 2 of 5
SemperGumby
Contributor

Capital One is reporting it as a charge off on all 3.  Midland is not reporting on any of the 3.

Message 3 of 5
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@SemperGumby wrote:

Capital One is reporting it as a charge off on all 3.  Midland is not reporting on any of the 3.

Moving this over to rebuilding; something may be wonky in the data, C1 may be pulling the wrong report, or you're not seeing the CO on the services you're checking.  Personally I think it's reasonable in this case to pull one (or maybe all if it comes to it) off annualcreditreport, but I'm not an expert when it comes to resolving this sort of issue.

        
Message 4 of 5
Unique620
Frequent Contributor

I had this same issue with Capital One, but mine was suppose to be IIB. I kept telling them this and they kept redirecting me to collection agency. I call collection agency and they told me it was sent back to Capital One, and they did have it for 9 months, but sent it back. After speaking to nearly 6 people in several different departments, I got frustrated and filed a complaint with bbb and spoke to someone from executive office and they finally updated the account to IIB, only today I found out it is still showing on my experience as not paid, but $0 balance. I sent an email to bbb for contact information for the person I spoke to. How old is the account? Have you contacted collection agency? 

Mcu_platinum_cardDiscoverQuicksilverAmazonFreedomSapphirePenFed_Credit_Union_Power_Cash_CardAMEX_BCPDeltaHhiltonAmex_platinumAppleNavy PlatinumCash rewardsNavy Platinum

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.