Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One

tag
DiabolicallyRandom
Established Contributor

Capital One

So, for the third time, Capital One has agreed to delete my charge off from my Equifax.  It has been off of Transunion and Experian for 2 years.  Hopefully it happens this time.  As for now I am just going to feel happy that they have agreed and try to push the first two times that it didnt happen from my mind. Yay.

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
blk8
Regular Contributor

Re: Capital One

Did you receive anything in writing regarding the removal of the account? If so, I would fax that to EQ and have them remove it asap.

FICO: EX 662 | EQ 670 | TU 681
Message 2 of 10
DiabolicallyRandom
Established Contributor

Im not fond of the thought of sharing the agreement with Equifax.  Capital One is under an agreement with the CRA's not to do this sort of thing.  I dont want to burn them for doing me a favor.  

Message 3 of 10
meshon711
New Contributor

How did you get them to delete the tradeline? 

Starting Score: 548
Current Score: 595
Goal Score: 600 ALMOST THERE!!!

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 10
DiabolicallyRandom
Established Contributor

It started because they were reporting a few things wrong, and they agreed to delete.  Equifax didnt delete so I called them again requesting it and they agreed, but it still didnt happen.  THen I sent an e-mail to the CEO and they once again have agreed.

Message 5 of 10
guiness56
Epic Contributor

@DiabolicallyRandom wrote:

Im not fond of the thought of sharing the agreement with Equifax.  Capital One is under an agreement with the CRA's not to do this sort of thing.  I don't want to burn them for doing me a favor.  

All creditors are under an "agreement" with the CRAs not to delete TLs just because they are paid.  But, it is still at the discretion of the creditor.

Message 6 of 10
DiabolicallyRandom
Established Contributor

Yeah Guiness, I just dont want to make things harder for those that come after me. If we run to the CRA's with our agreements, eventually the creditors will be less likely to grant GW's and such.  Besides, when do the CRA's really fix anything.

Message 7 of 10
Mondavi
Regular Contributor

I had a CO that Wells Fargo removed. TU and EX deleted in less than two weeks. EQ refused even when I sent them the paper work from Wells telling them that the account should be removed because of errors.

EQ respose was that Wells needed to call them and request it to be removed. Wells told me they did request it twice. After two months I gave up and sent a complaint to the CFPB. EQ's response after a week was that I had no contact with them on this matter and that they contacted Wells Fargo and agreed to remove the account.

So, I hope things can go better for you. GL

Message 8 of 10
DiabolicallyRandom
Established Contributor

Equifax is doing the same thing with me on another account.  I GW'ed some lates and it has updated on all of my other reports, but Equifax has failed to update it twice now. I was beginning to think that Equifax just had something against me personally because they updated for my spouse just fine.

Message 9 of 10
DiabolicallyRandom
Established Contributor

Equifax is doing the same thing with me on another accoun...

Equifax is doing the same thing with me on another account.  I GW'ed some lates and it has updated on all of my other reports, but Equifax has failed to update it twice now. I was beginning to think that Equifax just had something against me personally because they updated for my spouse just fine.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.