Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital PC from platinum to Quicksilver success

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital PC from platinum to Quicksilver success

I wanted to let everyone know capital one let me PC my card today.

I started with an secured card $1000 limit 11 months ago.

Was approved for unsecured platinum on March 10th.

I closed my secured card last week.

Spoke with capital one via chat today and they upgraded me to the quicksilver with 1.5% rewards and no annual fee. I went ahead and asked for a CLI as this card is still in the credit steps program and got the 2-3 message.

My statement date isn't till tomorrow so I may have to wait and try it again in a few weeks.

After my secure card has been closed for a month or so I'm going to apply for another capital one card. I do use the card but not super heavy and I pay the bill multiple times per month and generally leave 10% UTI on it.

Exciting news for me either way.
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
AutoBot
Established Contributor

Re: Capital PC from platinum to Quicksilver success

That is good news. Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good for you! Congrats!

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm told you don't really have to wait to reapply ... I'm thinking of closing my secured card too. I have the Plat, that was PCd last week. And my secured card is three months old.

I'm waiting on a few things to get scrubbed from my reports before I do this.
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I actually applied for another card last week. And received the message that I had a recently pending application or newly processed application. So I figure it best if I give it a month or so before applying.

But after my research I should be good to go. The rep told me it would be an actual quicksilver mastercard with 1.5% cashe back and no AF and not the qs1. Guess we will find out when the card gets here in a week or 2 lol
Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's what I got too ... The QS with no annual fee. It hasn't arrived in the mail yet, but my online account already reflects the change.

My plan is to close my secured, and apply for either the Plat again or the QS1. Not sure which would be best.
Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's exactly what I'm wanting to do as well
Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I applied for a quicksilver one and was approved and then tried the platinum and was denied with the denial of pending or recent application.

I do still have my secured platinum card still.  But I don't think my secured card is blocking me from getting the unsecure platinum.  Chatted with Capital One and they told me to wait 30 days to re-appy.  My Quicksilver One came last week so now the waiting game.

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm pretty happy with what I have now in relation to my credit scores.

I have a discover it card - $1,000
BOA cash rewards Visa - $1,000
Capital one QS Mastercard - $500 (hope to increase)
And a surge mastercard that getting closed at the end of this month (before AF hits)

My next goal is to grow all of these cards, and get an American express eventually.
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.