Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital one Bought HSBC, both on credit report

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital one Bought HSBC, both on credit report

Hello,

I'm trying to find advice regarding what to do about this situation. I had two HSBC cards back in 2008. They went bad and eventually went to collections. They have since been paid and are showing a $0 balance. The problem is that Capital One boutght HSBC and now I have 3 listings for each credit card. One for HSBC Bank showing (sold or transferred with $0 balance), one with Capital one showing (credit limit $300, $0 balance, open) and one with the collection agency (showing paid colleciton $0 balance). I don't think that i should take 3 hits for one account. They are scheduled to drop off credit report next year, but right now I'm trying to get a mortgage and this extra Capital one hit is hurting my credit. It is a new listing that wasn't there in March 2014. Should i call to see about getting it removed, leave it or what? Any advice would greatly be appreciated.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital one Bought HSBC, both on credit report

You might try disputing it with the CRA as a duplicate entry, stating Capital one IS HSBC, and there should be only one entry from them. Its not like Cap one is a third party collector that purchased the debt. They essentially ARE the OC now and there can only be ONE OC, not two.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is how I see it - Cap One becomes the OC and the HSBC entry dissapears, OR, Cap One is treated like a third party Debt Purchaser who has subsequently transferred the debt to another party, and they stop reporting, letting the HSBC entry stand as the OC entry.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have the same problem before. I had HSBC and Calvary Portfolio reported both the same amount in my 3 CB. HSBC sold it to Calvary and they left the report in my file. Contact Cap1 excutive and they will remove it for you. I have done this. But you have to contact Calvary to have them remove their which Im still working on it. Good luck.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.