cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital one Confusion HELP!!!!!!

tag
sunshyne

Capital one Confusion HELP!!!!!!

I recently settled an account with Capital One.  I received a letter from them thanking me for the payment and the letter went on to say that my acct has been settled for less than the full balance and that if I decide to make any additional payments on this acct beyond the settlement amt, the adjustments will be applied to the acct. Has anyone else received a letter like this?  Should I consider paying the balance?  I thought once you settled an acct that was it. 

HELP ME UNDERSTAND PLEASE!!!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Capital one Confusion HELP!!!!!!

@sunshyne wrote:

I recently settled an account with Capital One.  I received a letter from them thanking me for the payment and the letter went on to say that my acct has been settled for less than the full balance and that if I decide to make any additional payments on this acct beyond the settlement amt, the adjustments will be applied to the acct. Has anyone else received a letter like this?  Should I consider paying the balance?  I thought once you settled an acct that was it. 

HELP ME UNDERSTAND PLEASE!!!

It is legally settled and you owe nothing more. If you want to PIF that is your choice but not a requirement.

Message 2 of 5
sunshyne

Thank you gdale6.  Will it help my score at all?

Message 3 of 5
pip3man
Valued Contributor

@sunshyne wrote:

Thank you gdale6.  Will it help my score at all?

certainly not but during a manual review of your file, it might help a creditor guage that you are able to fully satisfy your financial obligations as opposed to settling for less than u owed. I would normally pay in full if I plan to do business again with the creditor in the future, but that's just me.... And legally as it stands now u owe them nothing again.

Message 4 of 5
sunshyne

Thank you for your time.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.