Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital one GW email denied :(

tag
alexak
Regular Contributor

Capital one GW email denied :(

Just got a call back after emailing the executive office for a gw adjustment. And no luck. Was told that everything is reporting correctly and it is against the law to report false information... Also got a letter back after snail mailing a gw letter to their UT address stating that everything was reporting correctly blah blah blah. Seems like Cap1 isn't not willing to budge on removing my lates. Any suggestions? It feels like I've done everything under the sun- emails, phone calls, snail mail, chat... Starting to feel slightly discouraged.
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
NY_Beauty
Regular Contributor

Re: Capital one GW email denied :(

This has also been my experience with them.  I won't give up though...

Amex Green Amex Gold Delta Rewards Discover IT CU Rewards Visa Closed on my new home 5/2013!

Message 2 of 7
alexak
Regular Contributor

I don't want to give up either... Just a bit discouraging. Ill be sending out another round tomorrow.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Any keywords I should try? In my letters I say that I love capital one and recommend them to my family and friends... Yada yada.. Just basically giving and ego boost. Nothing seems to work!
Message 3 of 7
sjt
Senior Contributor

@alexak wrote:
I don't want to give up either... Just a bit discouraging. Ill be sending out another round tomorrow.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Any keywords I should try? In my letters I say that I love capital one and recommend them to my family and friends... Yada yada.. Just basically giving and ego boost. Nothing seems to work!

I would definitely write them again but send via US Mail. In the letter I would state:

The circumstances of why were delinquent and that you paid the debt off (unexpected job lay of, illness, etc.)

Mention that positive reaging is legal and there are guidelines by the FFIEC on positive reaging.

Also mention that you would like the opportunity to reestablish a relationship with Cap One.

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 4 of 7
Kevin5974
Frequent Contributor

Would you mind PMing me the contact info u used for Cap1? Thanks!

Starting Score: 475
Current Score: 649
Goal Score: 690

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 7
BS3
New Contributor

I would be interested in the address as well.  I have been GWing them since Jan and the same letter (different) date keeps being sent saying they are reporting accurately.

Message 6 of 7
CreditHammer

@alexak wrote:
Just got a call back after emailing the executive office for a gw adjustment. And no luck. Was told that everything is reporting correctly and it is against the law to report false information... Also got a letter back after snail mailing a gw letter to their UT address stating that everything was reporting correctly blah blah blah. Seems like Cap1 isn't not willing to budge on removing my lates. Any suggestions? It feels like I've done everything under the sun- emails, phone calls, snail mail, chat... Starting to feel slightly discouraged.

Mind if i ask who signed the letter they sent you?

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.