Contributor
alexak

Capital one GW email denied :(

Just got a call back after emailing the executive office for a gw adjustment. And no luck. Was told that everything is reporting correctly and it is against the law to report false information... Also got a letter back after snail mailing a gw letter to their UT address stating that everything was reporting correctly blah blah blah. Seems like Cap1 isn't not willing to budge on removing my lates. Any suggestions? It feels like I've done everything under the sun- emails, phone calls, snail mail, chat... Starting to feel slightly discouraged.
Current: EX(plus) 659, EQ(Lender pull) 661, TU(Lender Pull) 664, Credit Karma: 691, Credit Sesame: 693
GOAL: 750's by Dec 2014
In my wallet: Chase Freedom $2000, Discover IT $1700, Chase Slate $1000, Citi Diamond Preferred $800, WFNNB/Victoria's Secret $500, Orchard Bank $500, Cap One Cash Rewards: $500
AU Bank of America $21,500
Regular Contributor
NY_Beauty

Re: Capital one GW email denied :(

This has also been my experience with them.  I won't give up though...

Amex Green Amex Gold Delta Rewards Discover IT CU Rewards Visa Closed on my new home 5/2013!

Contributor
alexak

I don't want to give up either... Just a bit discouraging. Ill be sending out another round tomorrow.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Any keywords I should try? In my letters I say that I love capital one and recommend them to my family and friends... Yada yada.. Just basically giving and ego boost. Nothing seems to work!
Current: EX(plus) 659, EQ(Lender pull) 661, TU(Lender Pull) 664, Credit Karma: 691, Credit Sesame: 693
GOAL: 750's by Dec 2014
In my wallet: Chase Freedom $2000, Discover IT $1700, Chase Slate $1000, Citi Diamond Preferred $800, WFNNB/Victoria's Secret $500, Orchard Bank $500, Cap One Cash Rewards: $500
AU Bank of America $21,500
Established Contributor
sjt

alexak wrote:
I don't want to give up either... Just a bit discouraging. Ill be sending out another round tomorrow.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Any keywords I should try? In my letters I say that I love capital one and recommend them to my family and friends... Yada yada.. Just basically giving and ego boost. Nothing seems to work!

I would definitely write them again but send via US Mail. In the letter I would state:

The circumstances of why were delinquent and that you paid the debt off (unexpected job lay of, illness, etc.)

Mention that positive reaging is legal and there are guidelines by the FFIEC on positive reaging.

Also mention that you would like the opportunity to reestablish a relationship with Cap One.

Regular Contributor
Kevin5974

Would you mind PMing me the contact info u used for Cap1? Thanks!

Starting Score: 475
Current Score: 612
Goal Score: 660

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
New Contributor
BS3

I would be interested in the address as well.  I have been GWing them since Jan and the same letter (different) date keeps being sent saying they are reporting accurately.

CreditHammer

alexak wrote:
Just got a call back after emailing the executive office for a gw adjustment. And no luck. Was told that everything is reporting correctly and it is against the law to report false information... Also got a letter back after snail mailing a gw letter to their UT address stating that everything was reporting correctly blah blah blah. Seems like Cap1 isn't not willing to budge on removing my lates. Any suggestions? It feels like I've done everything under the sun- emails, phone calls, snail mail, chat... Starting to feel slightly discouraged.

Mind if i ask who signed the letter they sent you?

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}