Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital one Goodwill decision in 24 hrs

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital one Goodwill decision in 24 hrs

i called the EO # and talked to a super nice lady.  she is going to put in a request for executive review and have an aswer within 24 hrs. 

this is for a CO account back in 2010 with 6 late payments.  i am praying so much that they will say yes.

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital one Goodwill decision in 24 hrs

Good luck.  I have a paid/CO from CapitalOne from 2011 that I will be trying to get some Goodwill on.  I dream about the score increase that will provide and better mortgage for the next house.

Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Good luck.  I have a paid/CO from CapitalOne from 2011 that I will be trying to get some Goodwill on.  I dream about the score increase that will provide and better mortgage for the next house.

thanks. i will pm you the rep name if this turn out good

Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Here's my experience with CapOne EO goodwill ... I recently closed an account that transitioned from HSBC to CapOne, but still hold two CapOne cards and an auto loan.  That old HSBC account had three 30 day late marks.  My fault, but on the other hand, should Capital One really be vouching for the accuracy of data at HSBC, especially since no one at that company can do so anymore, because they left the U.S. card market?

So I wrote a very kind letter to the CEO of CapOne, noting the numerous consumer friendly steps the company has taken recently.  And towards the end I asked, as a matter of goodwill, if these old HSBC lates could be deleted.

I received a call back from EO saying the data was accurate and couldn't be removed.  I was driving at the time and didn't want to argue, so I thank the rep for looking into it and was prepared to drop the matter.

Then two days ago, I got what I consider to be an extremely rude and argumentative letter from CapOne, again telling me that the infomation from HSBC is accurate.  Frankly, that letter incensed me so much that I will never, ever get another product from that company.  I'll look to refinance my auto loan, take my cards down to zero and, eventually, close them completely.

That's the thanks I got for complimenting them.  Maybe they like a sob story better ... I don't do that.

Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Here's my experience with CapOne EO goodwill ... I recently closed an account that transitioned from HSBC to CapOne, but still hold two CapOne cards and an auto loan.  That old HSBC account had three 30 day late marks.  My fault, but on the other hand, should Capital One really be vouching for the accuracy of data at HSBC, especially since no one at that company can do so anymore, because they left the U.S. card market?

So I wrote a very kind letter to the CEO of CapOne, noting the numerous consumer friendly steps the company has taken recently.  And towards the end I asked, as a matter of goodwill, if these old HSBC lates could be deleted.

I received a call back from EO saying the data was accurate and couldn't be removed.  I was driving at the time and didn't want to argue, so I thank the rep for looking into it and was prepared to drop the matter.

Then two days ago, I got what I consider to be an extremely rude and argumentative letter from CapOne, again telling me that the infomation from HSBC is accurate.  Frankly, that letter incensed me so much that I will never, ever get another product from that company.  I'll look to refinance my auto loan, take my cards down to zero and, eventually, close them completely.

That's the thanks I got for complimenting them.  Maybe they like a sob story better ... I don't do that.

ouch, and yes i did read up the thread you created while searching for Cap 1 goodwill.

i havent found much Cap 1 success stories so i am not gona get my hope too high for it, but it's a 0 chance if i dont make the call.

if they say no tomorrow, should i call back a month later? or once a month?

Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Having any luck on this?  I sent some emails to Cap1 without any replies...  Seems like its quite hard to get some goodwill.

Message 6 of 13
tiger_uppercut
Established Contributor

Good luck, I've had no luck with my Capital One CO. I thought I had a chance when a really nice woman called from the EO and listened to my story and reasoning behind the CO. It seemed like she really wanted to help, but when she called back a week later it was a no go.

Message 7 of 13
trant3
Established Contributor

Good luck, to share my recent story with cap one EO. I emailed, got a call from nice lady saying she will look into and call me back to remove a 2 yr old charge off, got the call a few days ago saying the reporting is accurate information and cant be removed. Similiar experience also with BoA EO, getting anything removed seems so difficult!

FNBO $15k, Aspiration Zero $11k, Affinity FCU $10k, Sofi $15k, Venmo Visa $2.7k, Apple $7k, Citi Custom Cash $14k, Citi Double Cash $15k, Citizens Bank Cash Plus $8k, Chase Amazon $3k, Chase Flex $13.6k, Chase IHG $16k, Amex BCP $9.5k, Amex Hilton $10k, Chase Freedom $26.5k, NFCU Plat $46k, NFCU Cash $33k, Discover IT $29k, Discover Miles $12k, BECU Visa $14k, Wells Fargo Active $6.3k, PenFed Promise $15k, PenFed Gold $20k
Message 8 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I sent an email yesterday, and received a response this morning. However,  they couldn't find my old closed account in my current name because I'm married. So, they gave me a mailing address and some phone numbers to call. But it was swift. 

Message 9 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi.  Would you be able to pass on her contact information.  I am desperately trying to get a 30 day late removed, and its holding me up from purchasing my first home  =(

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.