Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital one credit line increase

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital one credit line increase

I know you can only request a credit line increase every 6 mos. Do credit step automatic increases count? Do you have to wait 6 mos after that increase to request another? I just got a 2k increase in my other capital one card, which is an older account , and wanted to try to get one on my QS as well.
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital one credit line increase

I have read sometimes it happens and people are shocked!
Message 2 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mine went up on its own without me requesting it.
Message 3 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think you can only request one every 6 months but auto increases dont count in that 6 months .. the credit step cards I know most get a cli the first 3 months of owning the card then thier credit steps after .
Message 4 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Every 6 months is what I have read as well. But I have also read of cases where people still got it.
Message 5 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I received my QS1 in Dec. 2015 and got my first CLI last month. This time I will wait the full 6 months. 

Message 6 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

If it's part of the credit steps then you should get another increase after your 5th payment, then at 6 months intervals if eligible (not a guarantee, but can happen).

Message 7 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

So, because I got an automatic increase in Feb on the QS card, I can't request another increase for 6 mos on that one? Since I requested and got a 2k increase in my platinum yestersay, I was hoping I would get a similar increase on QS if I asked for it.
Message 8 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Personally I would still try. The worst they can say is NO. They don't do a hard pull for those so it's not going to hurt you. Keep us posted!
Message 9 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have never requested a credit increase it has usually just been an automatic increase. I am attempted to try i am up to $1500 CL and started with $300 last July so its been almost 8 months with them and went from $300 to $1500. 

Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.