cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital one disputes

tag
Teisanualex20

Capital one disputes

So, after reading a few post about how gw letter will help you, i have decide to try as well. I have a few 30 days and 60 days late payments from 2012, and 2013 on 2 accounts i have with cap one.

So, I first decided to call them before sending the actual gw letter. I found a phone no. on one of this posts, and called it. Waited 1hour and 10 minutes before this very friendly lady picks up. Explained her how i would like them to consider removing some baddies from my account( i was actually reading her the gww letter i have composed), and she said no need for gw , "i will just dispute them for you".

She asked me for the account no. and the dates, took a few minutes, then came back said thats it, and she provided me with phone numbers from all three CRA.

What does that mean? that if she actually dispute them they will fall off from my report??

Should i wait? or should i call the CRA? And how long?

Any help would be greatly appreciate it!

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Capital one disputes

They may be doing a form of GW that they internally call a dispute, but it is not the proper procedure under the FCRA.

Disputes are to challenge the accuracy of information reported to a CRA,  One does not dispute the accuracy of their own reporting.  If a creditor considers their reporting to be inaccurate, they have a statutory requirement under FCRA 623(a)(2) to promptly correct it on their own initiate without any dispute.

Perhaps they have some internal policy that they dont grant subjective GW deletions, but will not verify the accuracy of information if a consumer files a dispute.

I would take their resutls, but I understand your confusion over how and why they are treating as a "dispute."

It is not techincially correct to do so......

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.