Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital one goodwill possible success

tag
curryb15
Established Member

Capital one goodwill possible success

I good willed capital one and wrote a letter to the CEO. I received a letter from the executive resolutions office asking me to call the verify info. I called today and the gentleman stated that he was going to fight to have the lates deleted but said they are legally obligated to report accurately and they may not be able to remove it. Anyone have experience and have success when being contacted by the executive resolutions team?
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Jkidd
Valued Member

Re: Capital one goodwill possible success

I tried that he called back and said they couldn't because it was sold to ca
Message 2 of 13
curryb15
Established Member

What is ca?

Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had the same thing happen to me.  Called to verify info, and to wait while "they fight to help me". Got called back a few days later, no dice. 

Message 4 of 13
Jkidd
Valued Member

Ca collection agency FYI still trying to get mine gw been constantly calling but no sucess 

Message 5 of 13
jwills1218
Regular Contributor

Can you PM your contact info for them? I have a cap 1 card with lates on it but it's still open and in good standing. Hoping they can help.
8/14/2014
EQ: 604
TU: 607
EXP: 610

8/22/14
607, 612, 629
Message 6 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am waiting fo them to call me back. I did however successfully delete the trade line from the collection agency that bought Capital One's debt.

Message 7 of 13
Regular Contributor

Can you Pm me capital one email address or mailing address so I can send them a goodwill letter..

Message 8 of 13
signguy17
Frequent Contributor

I only had one late and they removed it but it was by chance and not their GW.

I kept hounding them via CEO email address and it was the same nice young lady every time and I was always denied.  I sent a few letters.  Denied.  Several calls to their CSRs.  Denied.

Then one day I saw someone on here say to try the chat on their website.  So I did.  I had the same first name as the CSR and I joked that he was obligatedto help me.  I told him I had 1 late out of 24 payments and could he remove it and he said "yes....not a problem."  So I restated you are saying that you have the authority to have my late removed.  He replied yes.  I asked him how long it would take and he said probably a month.

Two weeks later I get a letter in the mail.  Denied.  I'm pissed so I call the number listed and talk to a CSR.  I told him about the chat converation and that I HAD A COPY OF THE WHOLE COVERSATION that I could send him.... He put me on hold for about 5 minutes and came back with the usual "correct and accurate information."

I thanked him for his time and proceeded to send my complaint to the CEO address along with the copy of the conversation.  The same nice young lady I talked to every time came back on and said she would investigate my complaint and that they too kept copies of all chat conversations.  About 1 week later they called and said they would remove it not because it was incorrect or as a GW gesture but because their agent misrepresented himself without authorization  (i.e.: their lawyrer said to make me go away).  About 2 weeks later it dissapeared and my FICO score jumped 35 points!  SCORE!!

Starting Score:
11/11/12 BEGIN REBUILD myFICO 584

11/11/13 ONE YEAR ANNIVERSARY!! myFICO 705
Message 9 of 13
Regular Contributor

Hey can I get that capital one email address or mailing address I would like to send a goodwill letter. Can  you PM me that information please Thanks..

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.