Contributor
Candice

Capital one permanently restricted?

Sorry if this should go into credit cards forum instead.... Anywho, right now I have a revolving capital one account reporting to all 3 bureaus since June of 2006. It is my oldest account - I was really lousy with payment and even though in the credit reports from EX/TU/EQ it shows paid or paying as agreed and an open revolving account it is not - capital one has told me it was permanently restricted. I sent them a GW last week asking to reconsider opening the account. My question is has a similar situation ever happened to anyone else regarding Capital One and "permanently restricted"?
Age: 24 | AAoA: 2.0 Years | TU Fico: 626 (April 2013) | EX Fako: 608 | EQ Fico: 601 (April 2013)
Seedling Garden Club Member - Last App: April 16, 2013 - Next App: November 2013
Discover More: $500 | Target RedCard: $200 | CareCredit: $1800 | Apple Barclaycard: $1700 | Amazon: $600
Contributor
Optimistic08

Re: Capital one permanently restricted?

Yes. Cap1 is a strange bird. Once they "restrict" a card, they won't reopen. But they are all too happy to open up a new one for you. It doesn't make a heck of a lot of sense, but they rarely do anyway lol.

It's like having a closed acct with any other creditor, but you still get the benefit of it showing up on your report as open and pays as agreed with a credit limit, so it appears it will continue to help utilization and age. At least that's how it has been on my report. They gave me a second account and when I went to register it online, there was my old "restricted" account. All 3 of my reports continue to show the old one as open, with a credit line, and pays as agreed. The new one is now reporting as well.
Valued Contributor
TheNewWorldMan

Re: Capital one permanently restricted?

That is a hoot...but hey, if it's a positive TL, why rock the boat?
- - - -
in a credit-scoring postnuclear Stone Age...

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+