Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital one pre-qualified site

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital one pre-qualified site

It says my name, we couldn't match your records to a card offer. Is this what you get when your declined or they are saying there is an error in my information I am imputting? I have 2 cards charged off with them from 2013. One I am still in small claims court with, but the case has been cold for over a year. Any advice would be appreciatedSmiley Happy

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital one pre-qualified site

If they couldn't match it to a card, it just means you aren't prequalified for one of their cards. You can always cold app, but 2013 is pretty recent. They may not be ready to let you back in yet.

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

If they couldn't match it to a card, it just means you aren't prequalified for one of their cards. You can always cold app, but 2013 is pretty recent. They may not be ready to let you back in yet.

Appreciate the reply! That's what I figured honestly, I just started a secured card from my credit union, and a secured loan with my fiancée. That hit my reports july 1st. CCT said my experian fico 8 went from a 528 to a 551! So ill just continue to garden those and apply for the NFCU secured card in 3 months.

Message 3 of 9
AutoBot
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

It says my name, we couldn't match your records to a card offer. Is this what you get when your declined or they are saying there is an error in my information I am imputting? I have 2 cards charged off with them from 2013. One I am still in small claims court with, but the case has been cold for over a year. Any advice would be appreciatedSmiley Happy

So CAP1 ended up suing you for one or both of the cards that charged off?

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

They only are suing me for the one of the accounts.  Neither of the accounts were maxed out. The account they are suing me for had a limit of $3500. They are suing me for $2800. My second account had a $2500 limit and I owed 400. Both say charged off as of today. 

Message 5 of 9
JayTee1
Frequent Contributor

My advice is to settle those accounts by paying them before worrying about getting any more credit, and especially any credit from capital one.

March 2014: Abysmal, low 500s

April 2015: TU 607 | EQ 599 | EX 608
March 2019: TU 717 | EQ 727 | EX 727
Message 6 of 9
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Good to see a score jump. Keep building what you have. I would maybe shift more of your focus on trying to get these charge offs settled or paid off.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I appreciate all the replys. I will be working on getting midland and portfolio payed if I am unable to get them removed completely. I don't feel comfortable using my entire savings paying off of all my debts at the moment. My goal is to have everything paid off / deleted by November. I will keep everyone posted on my journeySmiley Happy
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Appreciate the reply! That's what I figured honestly, I just started a secured card from my credit union, and a secured loan with my fiancée. That hit my reports july 1st. CCT said my experian fico 8 went from a 528 to a 551! So ill just continue to garden those and apply for the NFCU secured card in 3 months.

Cap One has a 12 month 'blacklist' for charge offs with them. Yours is much farther back than that. Having said that - being you are apparently in litigation with them, you should get those settled FIRST, then apply for a new account and they will very likely approve you.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.