Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital one question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital one question

I am confused about something. I have heard you are only allowed 2 sub prime cards with capone. So if I have the secured can I only get qs1 and not the unsecured platinum? Bc I was thinking of applying for both and trying to then upgrade the platinum.
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
CH-7-Mission-Accomplished
Valued Contributor

Re: Capital one question

@Anonymous wrote:
I am confused about something. I have heard you are only allowed 2 sub prime cards with capone. So if I have the secured can I only get qs1 and not the unsecured platinum? Bc I was thinking of applying for both and trying to then upgrade the platinum.

You can only have two out of these three:

Platinum

Platinum secured

Quicksilver One

I have heard that if you include the nonstarter cards, Quicksilver, Venture and Venture One, the total allowed is five, but no more than two in the starter category.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sometimes you can have all three. Me and my husband have all three. I think it's a YMMV thing
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

It won't hurt to apply for both, just do it in the same browser session, one app right after the other. If it's auto-denied for too many accounts they will not even do a credit pull.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.