Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital one reaging and adding interest to my balance

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital one reaging and adding interest to my balance

OK so I have this cap one account that they are always reaging and adding interest to  although the account has been charged off like a year ago. Is this legal ? How do i resolve this  . I tried calling them and negotiating with  them but they wont budge . How to handle it ?
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Capital one reaging and adding interest to my balance

Can you post what the account looks like on your CR please.  Leave out personal information.

What do you mean by re-aging?

Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

- 

Remarks:

[TransUnion] Charged off as bad debt
Canceled by credit grantor  

[Experian] Account has been closed due to inactivity.
Unpaid balance reported as a loss by the credit grantor.  

[Equifax] Charged off account
Accounts closed by credit grantor  
--

TransUnion Experian Equifax- Past Due: $724 $724 $724 -

High Balance: $573   $573 -

Terms: -Limit: $300 $300   -

Payment:     $0 -

Opened: 12/28/2006 12/2006 12/2006-

Reported: 02/07/2010 02/07/2010 02/2010-

Responsibility: Individual Individual Individual

-  I was so irresponsible . The card had a balance of 200 when I destroyed it . I checked on my fico and they keep adding interest to it every month .

Message 3 of 10
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Do you know what the DoFD of this account is?  I need that to determine reaging.

Reaging occurs when the DoFD has been changed and would make it stay on your CR longer than the 7 - 7.5 years set forth in the FCRA.

Also, where did you pull these reports?

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Report was pulled from credit union and experian . Date of first delinquincy would have sometimes early 2007 . I ma not sure the exact month anymore but I know it was beginning 2007.

Thanks for helping me in advance

Message 5 of 10
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Alright . But how come they keep reporting it every month ? Am i missing something . How do i go about this ? I tried PFD over the phone just to feel them out . The guy laughed at me and said they will not even settle .What now ?

Message 7 of 10
guiness56
Epic Contributor

From what I can tell it is Cap One reporting correct? 

They can keep adding interest each month and report it each month.

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

How do I resolve this then ? The amount just keep growing every day
Message 9 of 10
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

The debt was apparently, at time of CO, $720.  That CO probably resulted in the debt being assessed, therafter, at you higher default APR. 

Assume, for purposes of numbers, that the default rate went to 25%.  That would be approx $15.00 a month in continued interst accrual on the unpaid debt.  Debt remains.

Creditors, with unpaid debt on money they have loaned, are entitled to interest. Charging offf the account does not delete the debt. That is just an internal accounting procedure with the OC.

Yes, it is legal.

They can do more damage by referring it to a third party collection agency, who can then post their collection to your CR.

You can offer a pay for delete, at the full amount of the growing debt, or for a settlement for less than the full amount, but any PFD offer is conditiional, and they dont have to accept it.

You can just pay in full, thus ending the debt, but that alone wont remove it from your CR.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.