Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital one reporting differently between bureaus

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital one reporting differently between bureaus

Hi all. I was just wondering if anyone has come across something like this. Capital one is reporting a couple late payments from 2011 with Equifax, but is not reporting any late payments at all for that year for Transunion. Honestly, I don't know which is correct. That was when I was going through a difficult period financially and my credit started tanking. How would you approach this? Thanks.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital one reporting differently between bureaus

If you have solid payment history since then (zero lates) I would write a GW letter and ask them to remove the late payments, as it has been a long enough time, especially if you use your capital one card regularly and keep it paid. Are these myfico or bureau reports showing the lates? Some consumer reporting sites screw things up. 

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi all. I was just wondering if anyone has come across something like this. Capital one is reporting a couple late payments from 2011 with Equifax, but is not reporting any late payments at all for that year for Transunion. Honestly, I don't know which is correct. That was when I was going through a difficult period financially and my credit started tanking. How would you approach this? Thanks.

You can log in to your account and see all of your statements, all the way back to when the account was established.

Message 3 of 4
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

They can selectively choose to report derogs to only one or two CRAs.

The only requirment of the FCRA is that what they do report cannot knowingly be inaccurate.  See FCRA 623(a)(1).

Lack fo reporting to one CRA is not knowingly inaccurate reporting.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.