Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CapitalOne PFD

tag
missindependent
Contributor

CapitalOne PFD

Is a CapitalOne PFD worth my time? Should I just set up a PIF, ask for it in writing, and PIF?

AMEX PRG (NPSL), Citi Double Cash ($1200), BECU ($1000), Barney's ($1000), Bloomingdales Store Card ($1000), Neiman Marcus ($700), Macy's Store Card ($600), Amazon Rewards Visa Card, ($500), Capital One Platinum ($500), Capital One QuicksilverOne ($500)

Starting Score: 543
Current Score: EX:649 EQ: 657 TU:661
Goal Score: 750

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Good luck to all of our myFICO Fitness Challengers!
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: CapitalOne PFD

Not sure what you mean by setting up a PIF in writing.

If you wish to pay a debt in full, you simply send payment, as there are no conditions for them to negotiate.......

Message 2 of 4
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@missindependent wrote:

Is a CapitalOne PFD worth my time? Should I just set up a PIF, ask for it in writing, and PIF?

Cap-1 is tough to get to PFD, people usually have the most success with this in the last year of it being able to be reported on their CRs, this doesnt mean you should not try it if its younger than that. Here is some info on PFD letters:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/PFD-Q-amp-A-Examples-and-PFD-Success-Stories/...

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/PFD-Example-Letter/td-p/4519

Message 3 of 4
missindependent
Contributor

By that I mean call, ask to have it reflect on my credit report as paid in full, receive it in writing, and then follow through with a full payment. 

AMEX PRG (NPSL), Citi Double Cash ($1200), BECU ($1000), Barney's ($1000), Bloomingdales Store Card ($1000), Neiman Marcus ($700), Macy's Store Card ($600), Amazon Rewards Visa Card, ($500), Capital One Platinum ($500), Capital One QuicksilverOne ($500)

Starting Score: 543
Current Score: EX:649 EQ: 657 TU:661
Goal Score: 750

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Good luck to all of our myFICO Fitness Challengers!
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.