cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CapitalOne "disappeared"...lucky? Or upcoming lawsuit?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

CapitalOne "disappeared"...lucky? Or upcoming lawsuit?

Hi, I'm new here (as a poster).  However, I have been reading the myFico forums probably a little over a year now to see how to improve my credit.  It is has been rather helpful so far I have managed to get several things removed from my credit.

Ok, here's my situation (not sure if it's good or bad - @ first thought I was under the impression it was great but after reading how low down CapitalOne can be I'm not so sure)...so here goes:

I checked all 3 of my CR's @ the beginning of the year just to see where I stand, dispute charges online,  and start putting DV & PFD letters together.  When I checked my CR's @ the beginning of the year CapitalOne was on there listed as a Charge Off and is not supposed to be deleted for another 3 years (amt over $1000). So, I checked my CR's about a month ago and CapitalOne is completely GONE! It is no longer listed on any of my CR's.  I have not contacted them in any shape, form, or fashion nor have I made any settlements or talked to them. 

So, I am a little confused as to what is going on.  I searched high and low not only on this forum but other "credit boards" as well, and did numerous google searches to see if anyone else has experienced CapitalOne just "disappearing" off their credit report before the deletion date without making any payments, settlements, or talking to them. 

I'm trying to figure out how CapitalOne just disappeared like that.  Should I count this as a blessing or be worried of an upcoming lawsuit? I have been worried that CapitalOne has turned my account over to their attorneys and they are going to hit me with a lawsuit sooner or later. 

Anybody else experienced this or have knowledge of this type of situation?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
DI
Super Contributor

Re: CapitalOne "disappeared"...lucky? Or upcoming lawsuit?

It's possible  those accounts will reappear.  It happens all the time. I'm not sure why.  The same thing happens with inquries.  Hopefully in your case the account is gone for good since its been deleted from all your CRAs. 

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.