Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capitol One GW attempt

tag
arrazola_a
Valued Member

Capitol One GW attempt

Hello everyone,

Thanks to the endless advice on this forum I was able to find the courage to call capitol one and request them to remove a 30 day late from Oct 2012. At that point I have only had the card for 3 months(DUMB ME). Anyways, I was transferred about 5 times and finally asked for the supervisor since I wasn't going anywhere. She was very nice and asked me if I knew I was late or wanted to dispute it. I told her I knew I was late but since then have never missed a payment. She asked if there was any specific reason or life changing events and I explained I had just had a son in June and moved into a new home. She sounded very concerned said she would request a goodwill in favor of me. So im hoping being transferred five times worked in my favor. Thanks again everyone and wish me luck

Have any of you had any luck talking with the supervisor?

Starting Score : 525
Current Score : EQ 673 TU 652 EX 673
Goal Score : 750 Across
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
abzze
Valued Member

Re: Capitol One GW attempt

Never went through this process.

Will you please PM me the number you called.

Also what depts where you transfered throught?

Good luck for your good will Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 8
TeamSNS
Established Member

I had called the Executive Dept of Cap One to request a charge off to be removed out of GW.  She asked me the same thing, the reason for me falling behind at that time, and then she stated "it is our policy to not adjust any credit reporting out of goodwill, but I will see what I can do".  I thought that was promising, but she called me the next day saying she could not do anything.  She did say she tried to figure out a solution, but she couldnt adjust it.  But as for you, its a 30 day late, Im thinking since its not as bad as a CO, you may have a good chance.  Good luck to you!

Message 3 of 8
baller4life
Super Contributor

Cap One is a hard nut to crack. Some get lucky. Others not so much! Good luck to you!!
Message 4 of 8
arrazola_a
Valued Member

Re: Capitol One GO attempt

@baller4life wrote:
Cap One is a hard nut to crack. Some get lucky. Others not so much! Good luck to you!!
I guess I wasn't a lucky one lol is there any downside to the gw denial I should be worried about?

Starting Score : 525
Current Score : EQ 673 TU 652 EX 673
Goal Score : 750 Across
Message 5 of 8
KellyP25721
Frequent Contributor

I haven't had any luck with GW'ing Cap1 either.  22 months of on time payments after a couple 30 day lates.

Starting Score: 573 (EX Faco) | Current Scores: EX(Fico) 674, EQ(Fico) 668, TU(Fico) 691
Message 6 of 8
Down_2Bizness
Regular Contributor

I am currently awaiting a response from EO of Cap1. I asked for some lates removed and a credit increase. They called back and said tha the credit increase was denied (go figure) and they couldn't do anything about the lates either. Kicker is that I had a convo on online chat and the rep assured me that they would be removed. I faxed chat convo to them and am waiting on a reply. haven't had a late payment in 18 months.

Starting Score: EQ FICO 566 09/30/13
Current Score: EQ FICO 688 3/10/14 TU FICO 680 3/10/14 (Barclaycard) EX FICO 691 1/12/14 (LP)
Goal Score: 700
My Wallet: Capital One $1500 / Wells Fargo $1600 / J Crew $2050 / Victoria's Secret $2300 / Barclay Apple Financing Visa $2500 / Discover It $1700 / Home Depot $1100 / Delta Skymiles AmEx $1000

Message 7 of 8
chrisre
Valued Member

Keep sending goodwill letters to the addresses you find on these boards. I had a paid c/o from CapitalOne on my report and about a year ago I sent a letter to 3 different P.O. boxes. I received several standard letters stating they would not remove anything because its their duty to report all account information to the CRAs. About a month later I pulled my reports and noticed that all references to CapitalOne were gone.

Just keep trying.

Starting Score: 565
Current Score: EQ: 660 TU: 659 EX: 683
Goal Score: 680

NFCU CashRewards $8,500 NFCU NavCheck: $3,000 CFECU: $2,000 Chase UNITED: $1,500 Chase Freedom: $1,000 Chase Amazon: $500 AMEX Delta: $2,000 (AU) Navy
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.