cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capitol One Lates

tag
Miriamaker

Re: Capitol One Lates

I sent them a GW letter to the general customer care center addy in early June, asking them to remove some lates. My lates run DEEP. up to 120 days, EEK! It honestly wasn't til I started hanging out here (lurking! Smiley Very Happy) that I realized how TERRIBLE that is.

I got a standard form letter saying nah, we're not deleting lates. Feeling Kinda stuck myself. 

Message 11 of 17
YoungJustice
Regular Contributor

Barclays Rewards $10,000 | Chase Freedom $17,000 | Citi Double Cash $13,600 | BOA Cash Rewards $10,000
Message 12 of 17
YoungJustice
Regular Contributor

Barclays Rewards $10,000 | Chase Freedom $17,000 | Citi Double Cash $13,600 | BOA Cash Rewards $10,000
Message 13 of 17
ravaage
Established Member

I sent an email to the Ceo asking to remove a 30 day late. It was my only late payment in the three years I have been with them. Other than that I have paid in full every month. I got a call from the EO office a couple days later to let me know they received it and that she was sending it to her business partners to see if it was something they can do for me. She sounded hopeful on the phone, should I be expecting a denial? anyone else have success removing a late with them?

Current FICOs: (10-27-14) EQ- 655 / EX- 659 / TU- 653

Chase Sapphire Preferred $5,000 / CapitalOne Quicksilver $3,000 / Barclaycard Rewards $2,500 / Barclaycard Apple $1,200 / CapitalOne Platinum $750 / Macy's $600 / Chase Freedom $500

In the garden as of 11/04/2014
Message 14 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Therre are a few threads on here where people went to the Cap One online chat and basically got the rep to say they can do a goodwill deletion and submit the request.  Came back as a dispute.  Print and save the transcript and they mailed a copy to Cap One or cfpb.  Poster said the lates were removed. 

I am using a similar strategy with Bank of America.  Took me about 20 chats to get a rep who said it could be done.  Mailed a copy to BoA and awaiting.  If they deny will submit to cfpb.

Message 15 of 17
ravaage
Established Member

@Anonymous wrote:

Therre are a few threads on here where people went to the Cap One online chat and basically got the rep to say they can do a goodwill deletion and submit the request.  Came back as a dispute.  Print and save the transcript and they mailed a copy to Cap One or cfpb.  Poster said the lates were removed. 

I am using a similar strategy with Bank of America.  Took me about 20 chats to get a rep who said it could be done.  Mailed a copy to BoA and awaiting.  If they deny will submit to cfpb.

Thanks for the tip, I tried the chat a while ago but the rep said there was nothing he can do. I'll see what happens with the EO office, if it doesn't work, i'll start hounding the online chat reps! Should be pretty easy to daily while at work Smiley Wink

Current FICOs: (10-27-14) EQ- 655 / EX- 659 / TU- 653

Chase Sapphire Preferred $5,000 / CapitalOne Quicksilver $3,000 / Barclaycard Rewards $2,500 / Barclaycard Apple $1,200 / CapitalOne Platinum $750 / Macy's $600 / Chase Freedom $500

In the garden as of 11/04/2014
Message 16 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ravaage wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks for the tip, I tried the chat a while ago but the rep said there was nothing he can do. I'll see what happens with the EO office, if it doesn't work, i'll start hounding the online chat reps! Should be pretty easy to daily while at work Smiley Wink

Ravaage, I would keep at it with the online chat. Took me about 20 tries and even then the wording is kind of borderline but I was very clear that I was not asking for late fees but for a goodwill deletion. Not our fault if the reps do not know what this means. I think the key is to catch someone who really doesn't know the bank's policy or just confuses late fees with goodwill deletion and then puts in writing they can do it. Once they would check with a supervisor total waste of time in my experience. I mailed these chats to BoA a few weeks ago and once a month goes by with no word will be sending to cfpb.

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.