Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capitol One Score analysis

tag
Warrior2000
Regular Contributor

Capitol One Score analysis

I know that this a TU Fako but in the simulator it stated that if oneI increases total CL to above 2,500, score would jump like seven points.

Any validity to this on a true score? I guess my question is you raise ur CL does it impact the points. I understand the whole UT deal but total CL makes a difference on its own?
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
user5387
Valued Contributor

Re: Capitol One Score analysis

@Warrior2000 wrote:
I know that this a TU Fako but in the simulator it stated that if oneI increases total CL to above 2,500, score would jump like seven points.

Any validity to this on a true score? I guess my question is you raise ur CL does it impact the points. I understand the whole UT deal but total CL makes a difference on its own?

I'm not aware that higher limits will help scores, beyond the obvious utilization angle.

They may help you with specific lenders or in manual underwriting situations.

Message 2 of 4
MT936
Established Contributor

The only thing that it would improve is your overall credit utilization % which in turn could improve your score if you currently have high balances across your cards

Amex Blue Cash Everyday: $25,000 | Navy FCU Cash Rewards: $25,000 | Discover It: $20,500
Chase Freedom: $12,500 | Citi Double Cash: $10,000 | Bank of America Cash Rewards: $8,000

Message 3 of 4
Warrior2000
Regular Contributor

Thanks!
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.