cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capitol One and Portfolio Recovery: Advice needed!

tag
Payneful
Established Member

Capitol One and Portfolio Recovery: Advice needed!

Ok so i had a collections account since 2011 from Portfolio Recovery over a debt from Capitol One, I started disputing couple months ago as "not my account" and Capitol One validated the debt but Portoflio Recovery immediately deleted it. I disputed it again and now Cap one is stating on the dispute that the debt has been paid in full after charge off and that the account was sold/transferred to Portfolio recovery. Now when i look up account under my equifax account it states that it was paid every month, but how is it paid every month if it is a charge off??? Also please note, that I NEVER PAID ANYONE ANYTHING. Now if Portfolio Recovery owned the account and delted the it because they could not validate debt then shouldnt Cap One delete as well!? Note: this is a $332 debt

What should i do next????

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Capitol One and Portfolio Recovery: Advice needed!

@Payneful wrote:

Ok so i had a collections account since 2011 from Portfolio Recovery over a debt from Capitol One, I started disputing couple months ago as "not my account" and Capitol One validated the debt but Portoflio Recovery immediately deleted it. I disputed it again and now Cap one is stating on the dispute that the debt has been paid in full after charge off and that the account was sold/transferred to Portfolio recovery. Now when i look up account under my equifax account it states that it was paid every month, but how is it paid every month if it is a charge off??? Also please note, that I NEVER PAID ANYONE ANYTHING. Now if Portfolio Recovery owned the account and delted the it because they could not validate debt then shouldnt Cap One delete as well!? Note: this is a $332 debt

The Cap-1 account should be showing 0 balance due since they sold it to PRA. It should report as sold/transferred was CO. A CO account cannot currently be reporting as current every month and be reporting a CO at the same time. I would send Cap-1 a Sec 623 dispute.

Message 2 of 6
Payneful
Established Member

Thanx for info, never heard of a 623 dispute before but im looking into it now. Question: If Portfolio recovery deleted it then shouldnt the CO delete it as well???

Message 3 of 6
Payneful
Established Member

^^ OC** And how do i get the OC to delete this?????

Message 4 of 6
xosamandaxo
Regular Contributor

I also have a Cap 1 charge off and Portfolio reporting the same debt.

If you got Portfolio to delete, great. However, Ive never heard of Cap1 deleteing a charge off. Youll have to wait for it to fall off. 

If the debt is valid, you got luckt that the CA deleted. I wouldnt count on Cap1 removing anything until the 7 yr fall off date.

Message 5 of 6
guiness56
Epic Contributor

@Payneful wrote:

Is this your debt?

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.