Regular Contributor

Car Charge Off Removal

Has anyone successfully removed a car charge off from their reports

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Car Charge Off Removal

I have seen successful deletions, however, it would largely depend on the age of the account and whether it is paid or not.

Message 2 of 6
cdub69
Regular Contributor

I was charged off in 2008 and it's unpaid.It's still under the SOL,so Im afraid to contact the OC.It was never sent to a CA

Message 3 of 6
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Unpaid and less than 2 years old, I doubt very highly you will suceed in getting it removed as is.

If you paid it, it might increase your chances.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a car charge off for Bank of America that I am trying to get removed.  It is from April 2005 and just today I mailed off a gw letter asking them to remove it since I paid it off a few years ago.  The whole reason is because a month after getting the car, I was involved in a not at-fault auto accident and my car was totalled. By time I realized the other parties insurance company only paid for the car's value and not what I owed, it was too late to fight it since I signed a paper for the settlement amount and I was stuck with the balance.

I will let you know if I have any luck. 

Message 5 of 6
happy0510
Established Contributor

Yes, let us know! I have one and this is my only baddie. Due to fall of Mar.2011 but would love and early present!

Starting Score: 615
Current Score: 709
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.