Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Car Repo GoodWill Removal

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Car Repo GoodWill Removal

Hi, 

Before hand I just want to say that I do not know much about credit scores or anything about factors which can affect credit in any negative way. Anyways a few years ago my brother and I we opened a joint account to buy a car. Eventhough the car in papers is half mine and half his. My brother was in charge of payments because the car was meant to be for him. I was basically just helping him out. Anyways years went by and my brother kept paying his bills on time or at least thats what I thought. It turned out that he was behind on his payments, he had like 5 or 6 late payments which they all lead to a Repo. By the time I had knowledge of the situation the car was already gone and my credit score was in riuns. We managed to settle down with the dealership (I think it was the dealer or the bank) so we could finish paying the debt. Time went by and we managed to pay it. However, now I'm trying to buy a house with my wife but this Repo appears on my record. So my question... Since I already paid the debt. Is there a way that I could contact the Dealership for a goodwill to remove that negative from my record? I mean the debt is already paid. If so is there a letter template out there that I could use? I know I'm asking for a lot but at this moment any answer will help. Thank you in advance for your help. 

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Car Repo GoodWill Removal

There is no 'template' for GW letters. Just expain the situation and why the default occurred, how things are different now, etc, etc. and basically make them feel like you deserve a second chance.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.