Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Car Repo

tag
DanielK
Valued Member

Car Repo

I had a car loan with my parents as co-signers. When they went to buy a new car recently the dealer said there was a repo on their record from my car loan. The car I had at one point was 90+ days late but the bank called and told me they were going to repo it so I paid a little at that time to stop it and worked to get it current and they never took my car. I have since paid the car loan off over a year ago and still have the car. Is it possible to have a repo on your record without them taking the physical car? The loan was through Wells Fargo, if that helps. 

Thanks! 

28 year old recent college grad
Equifax started at: 557
Current Equifax: 636
Current Experian: 651
Current Transunion: 656
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Car Repo

Geez...From some of the stuff I have read in here, Wells Fargo is run by a bunch of MORONS. Your parent will have to dispute it through the CRA's first and then probably have to fight with WF to get it corrected. The lates will remain though. Probably on both yours and your parents reports.

Message 2 of 3
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Car Repo

+1

Since it is appearing on their credit report, they should file a direct dispute with the creditor, asseting that there was no repo, and thus that reporting should be deleted.

If they should verify the accuracy of the reported repo, then consider bringing civil action, thus forcing discovery of their documentation.

At that point, they will most likely bail.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.