cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Car loan Was included in BK 7 discharged but still made payments (paid in full)

tag
turion65x
Valued Member

Car loan Was included in BK 7 discharged but still made payments (paid in full)

Hello all,

I had a car loan with Citizens that I countuined to pay on time after the BK 7 discharge but still reports Discharged in BK7 the results came  "Completed investigation of FCRA dispute - consumer disagrees. " This account was paid in full after BK !

Or is this something normal? 

Thank in advance!

Starting Score: 660
Current Score: Gardening Mode! as of 8/25
Goal Score: 725+

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Gardening .....
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Car loan Was included in BK 7 discharged but still made payments (paid in full)

I'm having the same problem with GMAC. They list it as being included in the BK but I paid the loan in full. I've disputed it with the CRAs and also with GMAC.  Report just gets updated saying that I dispute the info. 

Message 2 of 9
turion65x
Valued Member

Re: Car loan Was included in BK 7 discharged but still made payments (paid in full)

Yes exactly same situation am having ... I think its not fair having the car paid in full but NOT showing on the credit report all it falls under the "potentially effecting my credit report" category 

Gardening .....
Message 3 of 9
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

OP, ignore the "potentially negative" comment. If your report also offers scores, know that they aren't FICO scores. If wanting to know 100% for sure if it impact FICO in a negative way, consider pulling a FICO report. Within the Accounts page, there's a red-flag column. Any account with a red flag is viewed as a negative. It's quite possible though that FICO would view it as a negative if there's a BK comment within the TL. "Included in bankruptcy" is viewed as a negative.

Message 4 of 9
turion65x
Valued Member

But wouldn't they should at least state that the account was paid in full, and can you give me the best company that gives you accurate FICO scores and doesn't hurt my scores perhaps a monthly subscription ,Thanks

Gardening .....
Message 5 of 9
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

If the balance shows $0, then FICO and lenders would view it as paid. Even after an account is paid, the IIB comment can remain and that's the negative.

The only place outside your lender you can pull a credit report and FICO together is myFICO. The cost can be high. What many of us do is subscribe to a credit monitoring service like USAA's service. IN a service like that, you can pull all 3 reports everyday if you wanted to for about $12/mo. Services like these include scores but they are not FICO scores. Ignore their scores and advice. But the report data is good. As you see changes, then selectively pull your Eq or TU FICO on here. You can also subscribe to ScoreWatch which monitors your EQ report and EQ FICO for changes.

Message 6 of 9
turion65x
Valued Member

Just to confirm is this the correct link to the USAA monitoring ?

https://www.usaa.com/inet/pages/creditcheck_monitoring_main

I can pull my report and scores with no effect on my credit history what so ever? 

Thanks

Gardening .....
Message 7 of 9
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

@turion65x wrote:

Hello all,

I had a car loan with Citizens that I countuined to pay on time after the BK 7 discharge but still reports Discharged in BK7 the results came  "Completed investigation of FCRA dispute - consumer disagrees. " This account was paid in full after BK !

Or is this something normal? 

Thank in advance!

If you didn't reaffirm the loan officially in your BK, then the zero balance and iib are the way its supposed to report.

Message 8 of 9
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@turion65x wrote:

Just to confirm is this the correct link to the USAA monitoring ?

https://www.usaa.com/inet/pages/creditcheck_monitoring_main

I can pull my report and scores with no effect on my credit history what so ever? 

Thanks

Yes. If you aren't a member of USAA, you'll be prompted to join, but anybody can join and there's no credit check to do so.

Pulling your own credit won't add any hard inquiries or have any impact on your credit history.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.