Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Car rental Inquiry

tag
bstone
Frequent Contributor

Re: Car rental Inquiry

Someone mentioned increasing your credit limit on your secured card.  Great idea, but even on a credit card they charge more than the rental.  I just rented a car yesterday from Enterprise and after I got home noticed they processed my card for $100.00 more than the actual rental amount.  So, if you're going to increase your credit limit make sure you account for this.

NFCU Rewards - $18,000, NFCU Signature - $18,000, NFCU LOC - $15,000, Care Credit - $7,700, Lowe's - $6,400, Capital One QS - $5,000, Walmart - $5,000, Amazon - $4,000
Message 11 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I am wondering what credit score is needed to rent a car? I am planning on renting through Budget for approximately one week. My current FICO scores are just over 600 (currently rebuilding). I have a secured credit card through Capital One but the limit is only about 200 and the total price is about 280. Thank you all.

Seriously, if your scores are 600, and you've hada secured card for several months APPLY *NOW* FOR AN UNSECURED CAP ONE CARD. App for the QS1 card.

Message 12 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

My only fear is that I won't get approved because of my charge offs and derog accounts. What do you think NormanFH?
Message 13 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just told you what I think. Apply. Now. Don't worry about a possible turn down and inquiry. In this credit game its "nothing ventured nothing gained".

Message 14 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I applied for the cap1 platinum and got approved for 500 bucks. I read on a thread that I should also apply for the QS1 since approval odds and in my favor. Any thoughts on that?
Message 15 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I applied for the cap1 platinum and got approved for 500 bucks. I read on a thread that I should also apply for the QS1 since approval odds and in my favor. Any thoughts on that?

+1

Yup, do it.

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.