cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Card reporting as "paying under partial payment plan" triggered serious delinquency notation!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Card reporting as "paying under partial payment plan" triggered serious delinquency notation!

Hello all, I was hoping someone would know what if anything can be done about this. I entered into a payment plan for 5% interest with Amex for a revolving card, not a charge card...and I repeatedly asked if this would negatively affect my credit and they said no. Now, they are keeping it as "Current" which is good at least, but now I've got a 80-point drop due to "Serious Delinquency" flag being used. I'm very afraid my other credit cards are going to start cutting limits. Does anyone know if Discover will? That's my main card that has zero balance with a 25K line. I cant lose it.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Card reporting as "paying under partial payment plan" triggered serious delinquency no

Was the account delinquent when the payment plan went into effect, or was the account in good-standing under your account agreement?

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Card reporting as "paying under partial payment plan" triggered serious delinquency no

It was current when entering the program. Account shows as "paid/never late". Any idea what to do? I filed a dispute on experian but doubt it will go anywhere

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.