Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Care Credit GE Money Bank

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Care Credit GE Money Bank

Can anyone share their experience getting approved for a line of credit for this product? My doctors office is advertising promotional free financing. In this instance it would be for Lasik procedure, about $4k. My BK 7 was discharged 14 months ago, and I had included a Lowes account for $220 in the BK, this is a GE Money Bank card. I have 5 hard inquiries in the last 12 months, all on EXP, mostly related to my recent move: apt/Landsafe, electric utility, and cable. I live in FL. Anyone applied who had a discharged BK? Were you accepted or denied? Which bureau did they pull? I know a cosmetic procedure sounds frivolous, but it appears I will have $2000 left unused in my FSA account for 2011 and am trying to make the best use of it. Thank you.
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Booner72
Senior Contributor

Re: Care Credit GE Money Bank

Why, Yes,  I would be happy to share.  I applied for this to help my brother out getting some teeth fixed.  I was instantly approved for 1000 CL, zero interest for 12 months!  A GREAT DEAL BTW.  My scores had to be upper 500's at that time.  I had a BK in 05 and I had a judgment 2/2010.  Unfortunately I have no idea who which bureau they used.  I did it online and it was instant.  I suppose it could be possible that they pulled EXP because I'm 60 points higher on EXP than the others bc no judgment on EXP.

We went to the vet a few months back and were able to put all the charges on this card w/ 18 months interest-free to pay them back.

I recently added DH as an AU to help rebuild his credit.

I strongly recommend them.  And they report right on time each month accurately.  To me it would be worth the inquiry.

STARTING: 11/24/10 EQ-584 EXP-648 TU04-595
CLOSED FIRST HOME 8/19/11 EQ-630 EXP-691 TU04-653
CURRENT: EQ-701 EXP-??? TU08-720
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you so much Boomer72. You have no idea how much I appreciate you sharing. I was so scared having a BK.
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

My apology. Booner72 with an "N"...
Message 4 of 6
Booner72
Senior Contributor

Ah it's okay.  It's not really my name anyway.   I'm glad that my info helped you.  I do believe I can be considered an "over poster".  I figure, just don't read it if you don't wanna see my ramblings.

Anyway,  let us know if you get approved!

STARTING: 11/24/10 EQ-584 EXP-648 TU04-595
CLOSED FIRST HOME 8/19/11 EQ-630 EXP-691 TU04-653
CURRENT: EQ-701 EXP-??? TU08-720
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Will update any and all!
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.