Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Care Credit recon

tag
amz1121
Valued Member

Care Credit recon

I applied for a Care Credit card for 2500 and was declined, received the following from the instant denial:

We regret that we are unable to approve your request at this time. The most significant reason(s) the application was declined are listed below:

- high ratio revolving accounts opened last year to all revolving accts

- number of months since credit account in collections is too low

- accounts in collection or 60 days past due or adverse public records

- average ratio of revolving balances to credit limits is too high

It also said my TU scored is a 610.  I pulled my TU report a few minutes after getting denied and my score is actually a 620 and I have only opened 1 revolving credit account as of this year. 

I currently have 2 secure credit cards and 1 car laon.  I have 3 derogatory marks on my CR, one of which has been paid in full and two that are several years old. 

I attempted to recon and had no success what so ever.  Any suggestions?

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Care Credit recon

Have you tired to do a GW letter to the companies to see if you can get the collections off?

What's your utlization limit on the Credit Cards? Is it under 20%?

Message 2 of 9
amz1121
Valued Member

The utilization on my current cards are about 40% on both as of right now, its been kind of up and down.  Been kind of a rough time, needing to get surgery next month hence the need for the Care Credit card Smiley Sad

I did attempt the good will  with the collections and they always come back as "reporting correctly". 

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's likely the reason they denied you cause, your at 40%

If you pay down the CC's you might have a chance.

Keep sending GW's letters.. Sometimes, they may give it to you. I always say keep sending thme.

Message 4 of 9
amz1121
Valued Member

Just an update! I sent the CEO an email regarding my declined application and explained the information showing on there end is not what matches my CR and I got a call from the EO team wanting to extend me credit! soooo happy!!
Message 5 of 9
Whitneyy
Valued Contributor

@amz1121 wrote:
Just an update! I sent the CEO an email regarding my declined application and explained the information showing on there end is not what matches my CR and I got a call from the EO team wanting to extend me credit! soooo happy!!

Amazing!

GOAL - 700 FICO across the board!
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow... that's wonderful! Congrats
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Wow... that's wonderful! Congrats

HISTORY:

My hearing aid cost $3,000 and of course that's all they gave me and i said no because then that would be maxing it out so suprisely they increased it to $5,500 with a soft pull. I paid it all off in 3 months instead of 36 ? in case i lost my job or something i liked that i could just pay $90 a month instead but wasn't necessary so once i paid it off i requested an increased and was given $12,000 with a hard pull. I figured it would help me obtain better credit. I left it alone and now 14 months later *sighs* they've slashed - $6,000 and wont reinstate it back to $12,000 without another hard inquiry.

I told them ''you already gave me a hard inquiry last time for $12,000. They made me so mad threatening to ruin my ratio right when i was about to start digging for credit limit increases just in time for black friday (best time to get it) so before they reported my credit limit decrease (while my score is still up) i went and hurry to get my other ''soft pull'' cards increased. They pissed me off. Telling me ''due to insuffficient use.'' I use it but not right now! ****Now i don't want to use it because i don't want another hard inquiry just to take advantage of their payment plans without going over 50% of my limit. I might as well just pay cash or pay 800% more than i have to pay each month like i did with the hearing aid. Useless. 

in the mean time i've saved my *** 

CARECREDIT $12,000 to $6,000 
AMAZON $2,500 to $5,000 
WALMART $3,500 to $5,000 
PAYPAL EXTRAS $6,500 to $8,000 

all on the same day all in the same dam* bank Smiley LOL

Message 8 of 9
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

That is wonderful news!  CareCredit is awesome, just use it wisely and watch the pay off date!

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.