Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Case law/Legal Pro's PLEASE LOOK!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Case law/Legal Pro's PLEASE LOOK!!

If we are talking about the same post he says that is a lawyer  at the beginning though. But either way, do you think that had something to do with the lender changing their mind? Like maybe they don't want to deal with a lawyer so they say whatever, we will change it. I am thinking about sending the same tyoe of letter.

Message 21 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

If we are talking about the same post he says that is a lawyer  at the beginning though. But either way, do you think that had something to do with the lender changing their mind? Like maybe they don't want to deal with a lawyer so they say whatever, we will change it. I am thinking about sending the same tyoe of letter. 

We are, I'm sorry I don't assume anyone is an attorney, because they say it, know what I mean. Anyway, yes I think that is true, they see the attorney letter and they just change what you request. I will say this, my spouse is an attorney, and as long as we have some semblance of proof to our claim, she will send a letter on her letterhead with our request. 9 times out of 10 it works. If you do it you better be ready with your agrument, and some kind of proof, otherwise its just lying and you could be found uncreditable. 

Message 22 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

http://uponarriving.com/2015/10/31/how-to-get-late-payments-for-student-loans-removed-from-your-cred...

In the fist paragraph, the writer clearly states he is an attorney! But his experience does not impose legal advice.

I have not found any other opinions with the FTC since 1999. I was just on the phone with the FTC the other day, and they told me they don't handle federal student loan claims anymore. They get directed to CFPB now. I have been searching for claims related to wiping away student loan lates on the CFPB website, but it's a big site and the claims and how they are stored is confusing to me. Maybe someone else will have better luck searching.If you find something, post a link here. Could be useful to reference with my CFPB complaint as well as others.
Message 23 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.