Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cash Call and my update

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cash Call and my update

A few years ago I got a loan from Western Sky (Cash Call) after seeing commercial. After a few payments,  I was late 2 payments and then paid the total loan in  I full.  It is showing as current balance $369 and past due $300 as well as 60 days past due.  Cash Call said they reported accurately.  I disputed with the credit bureus and we'll see what happens.  I got a slight bump in score but because it's in dispute.

I sent PFD letters to all my collections (5-they're small amounts)..crossing my fingers!!

My next step is to GW Sallie Mae (one 30 day from last fall) and ACS Education (90 day last year)..my hopes aren't high, but it's worth a shot right?

I just paid off Cap1 ($500 limit - it was at $488) and paid down another Cap1 ($750 limit, was at limit and paid down to $200, will pay off completely next month).  I'm anxiously awaiting to see if SW shows an increase as it should report any time now.

Lastly, I have a CO Auto Loan I was able to settle with Vital Recovery. They never reported, but OC has and said they will update once they get payment confirmation.  Letter from CA states it will be considered "paid in full", not settled.  Not sure how that is going to update.

I'm addicted to these forums and love reading everybody's stories and successes.  Thank you all!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Cash Call and my update

Regarding the Cash Call acct, here is what is required of them:

They do not  have to remove the 30/60 day lates.  Paying does not remove prior, accurate reporting of delinquencies. 

They MUST, if they accepted payment as satisfaction of the debt, update the current status to Paid.  That applies regardless of whether you settled for the full amount, or paid for less under a settlement agreement.  One four-letter current status.  Paid.

They MUST, if they accepted payment as satisfaction of the debt, also update the current balance to $0.

If they failed to do either, then they have not met their statutory obligation under FCRA 623(a)(2).  I would have filed a direct dispute with them rather than through the CRA, but I wish you success in your CRA dispute.

Message 2 of 4
rckstrscott
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

A few years ago I got a loan from Western Sky (Cash Call) after seeing commercial. After a few payments,  I was late 2 payments and then paid the total loan in  I full.  It is showing as current balance $369 and past due $300 as well as 60 days past due.  Cash Call said they reported accurately.  I disputed with the credit bureus and we'll see what happens.  I got a slight bump in score but because it's in dispute.

Just FYI, on some of those kind of loans, you might want to check your contract with them. If you go late, usually it will trigger ridiculous late fees, sometimes in the hundreds of dollars, on top of the ridiculous interest they charge.

You may think you've paid off the loan, when in fact, the $300+ plus balance IS still open due to the contract you agreed too... I am not stating this is the case, but it is something to consider..

-scott

Starting FICO Score: October 2010: TU 498 | EQ: 502
Current FICO Scores:: May 2022: TU: 784 | EQ: 770 | EX: 790
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I didn't even think that Cash Call would still accrue!  I will check that.  I am positive it was paid in full - because it was past due they offered me settlement but I opted to pay in full as I wanted to fulfill my obligation.  I need to check on this...thanks!

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.