Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cashcall issue!

tag
witanga
Valued Member

Cashcall issue!

Alright so I had an account in with Cashcall back in 2006, I fell behind a few months and they kept calling me to make payments. I had already paid 16 payments of $183 which exceeded what I borrowed of $2500, but since their interest rate was 79% they said I still owed $2000.

I got a call from the representative and she said if I paid $1800 the account will be paid in full and would not report negatively.  I remember going back in forth with her making sure that's what it would say on my credit report she reassured me it would. I paid the $1800 and got a letter in the mail with a big red stamp on it that says "Cashcall Paid In Full."

I check my credit report and it says settled in full I sent a few letters to have it corrected and they still refuse to remove the settled in full even though the agreement we has was that the account would say paid in full. So I called last Wednesday and spoke with the supervisor she told no one in the company will make that sort of agreement with me I told her I had the letter they sent me saying paid in full and she told me that's a standard letter they send to everyone no matter if they paid in full or not and I told her that doesn't make sense. So she said sir I can resend you what we sent you in the mail and I said do that.

I get the letter yesterday and this time the letter has stamped on it "settled in full" which is contradictory to what she just told me on the phone. So please believe I'm pissed, I'm not even going to deal with them anymore I'm going to write letters to experian and equifax and include my original letter from 2006 and the one they just sent me. Does anyone have suggestions on any other way I should handle this?

Starting Score: 535
Current Score: 674
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
witanga
Valued Member

Re: Cashcall issue!

bump

Message 2 of 11
guiness56
Epic Contributor

I would not send the one that says settled.  Send the one that says paid in full.

Message 3 of 11
witanga
Valued Member

Thanks for the advice, that does make since.

Message 4 of 11
witanga
Valued Member

Can anyone help me get started with the wording of the letter?

Message 5 of 11
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Is it going to the CRA?

"The status of this account xxx xxx xxx should be Paid in Full.  Enclosed is a letter from the creditor, Cashcall, stating the same".

Message 6 of 11
witanga
Valued Member

I don't even want to deal with Cashcall anymore I talked to them twice last week and they refuse to change what they are reporting it as. So I was just going to send a copy to Experian and Equifax.

Message 7 of 11
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Even if you do get the CRAs to change it, it could show back up as settled.  It depends on whether Cashcall reports again.

Message 8 of 11
witanga
Valued Member

So even if I have the paperwork they can still go and change it, how is that even right? Te only time they have reported was when I disputed the account online, I'm hoping they just let it go. I have the proof the account was paid in full.

Message 9 of 11
guiness56
Epic Contributor

When you send that letter to the CRA they may open a dispute.  If they do they will more than likely use E-Oscar for verification.  If it says it was settled in E-Oscar it will continue to report like that.

If you paid in full you can do a couple of things.

You can send a direct dipute to Cashcall disputing the way it is reporting.  They have to investigate and have 30 days to comply. 

Or you could send them an ITS for reporting incorrectly.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.