Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CasperJack14 - Credit Repair Journal

tag
CasperJack14
Contributor

Re: CasperJack14 - Credit Repair Journal

My score went down significantly when the new loan and the inquiries hit my credit. Hoping that the work I do over the next six months will make up the difference though. Smiley Happy And I LOVE the Jeep!

Starting Score: 577 EX 9/9/2015
Current Score: 577 EX 9/9/2015
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 21 of 30
jwills1218
Regular Contributor

Congrats on the jeep and success!

8/14/2014
EQ: 604
TU: 607
EXP: 610

8/22/14
607, 612, 629
Message 22 of 30
CasperJack14
Contributor

Okay so with work and everything I have kind of fallen off track with my credit repair journal. i haven't acquired any new baddies on my report but I haven't been as active in sending letters and such as I was before. My New Years resolution is to get back on track.

The foreclosure on my house is set to go through this month finally after about two years of dealing with it. That will mean a hit on my report but its a huge relief that the clock will start on aging that off my report.

I had two state income tax liens on my report. Both are now paid in full. The CRAs won't delete from my report, but they have at least updates to paid and can begin aging off my report.

I still have the HSBC charge off, Capital One (settled for less than full amount), RJM Acquisitions, NCA, and State Collections accounts to deal with. Everything else remains current with no lates.

NCA collection is linked to the HSBC charge off. If I pay the CA will the OC be more open to a GW deletion?

Capital One already turned down one attempt to get a GW deletion. I have a secured card with them that is current, never been late, and I've had since April 2012. What should my next step be with this account? Should I offer to pay the rest of the amount owed in exchange for a delete? If they won't do that would it be beneficial to pay that amount anyways to update the account to paid in full?

RJM Acquisitions has agreed to a pay for delete. That will be paid this month.

State Collections only shows on one CA but I have heard they are open to PFD letters. That account is on the list for this month also.

I also have federal income taxes owed that should be paid in full by March, but those don't show on my credit report. Knowing all of this, how long will it take to see my site start climbing again after the foreclosure goes through? That and the tax liens are the biggest hits to my credit but they can only be improved with time.

Message 23 of 30
CasperJack14
Contributor

Just got off the phone with RJM Acquisitions - PFD agreement was accepted at 40% of the amount owed.  That will be off my report in 30-60 days Smiley Happy  That was showing on both EX and TU, so that should bring both of those scores up.

Just got my EX report updated to show a Tax Lien as paid in full - but no score increase there Smiley Sad  At least it looks better on manual review of my report, though.

Message 24 of 30
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Progress!!!!  Congrats!

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 25 of 30
NewbieReed
Frequent Contributor

Yay! Thats great.

RJM has been great to us as well- by far one of the most amenable CAs to deal with.

Starting Score: 526 EXP 09/2012 600 FICO 10/2012 608 EX (lenderpull)11/2012
Current Score: 705 FICO TU (10/2014)Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 26 of 30
CasperJack14
Contributor

RJM is paid tomorrow and will be deleted from my report. I also just called State Collection Services today, and they agreed for a PFD arrangement Smiley Happy That will be paid at the end of the month and be removed from my report the following Monday (apparently they report weekly to the CRAs). Progress! Smiley Happy

Message 27 of 30
CasperJack14
Contributor

RJM will come off my report within the week, and State Collection Services will be deleting on Monday.

TransUnion - these are the only two collections. Both will be removed.
Experian - Only RJM was showing and it's one of just two negative accounts on my report.
Equifax wasn't showing any of these.

How much can I expect my score to go up based on this?

Message 28 of 30
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

If you have no other baddies, these are the last and you have some positive TLs including a couple revolving accounts.  A huge jump.  Just my opinion though.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 29 of 30
CasperJack14
Contributor

So here's an update:

State Tax Liens - called the CRA's - all I need is a letter from the State of Maine stating that the liens should be removed. Called the State of Maine - they have NO program like the Fed IRS to remove these and will not do anything to help me. ARGH!

RJM Acquisitions came off my Experian report - no score boost at all there. Smiley Sad

RJM and State Collections have not updated on my TransUnion report.

Was hoping for better news Smiley Sad

Message 30 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.