Did you mean: 

Catch 22 Between AMEX and Experian

tag
sjt
Senior Contributor

Re: Catch 22 Between AMEX and Experian

@Anonymous wrote:

@Horrace36 wrote:

Through a tremendous number of phone calls I discovered that Experian uses a third party to report to FICO, Experian Direct (i think its actually a wholly owned subsidiary).  I got whipsawed between Experian, Experian Direct and FICO. No one takes responsibility and they just point fingers at the others. Additionally, issues arise on reporting code when its transferred between parties. Found contact info for a person at Experian Direct that wanted to talk. No one is truly paying attention. Why should they? They're monopolies.

Good to know.  I guess I really need to simplify and reframe my question.  

There are two derogs on my report in error.  No creditor reported them.   EXP so far will do nothing, after at least 2 failed disputes and multiple phone calls.  What recourse do I have?  I have gone with Ovation in the past, and it was largely a big, long waste.  I can afford to get an attorney, but I am not sure what that would do, although I am going to consult one.  How do you get through to someone who can do someting?   The first line people on the phone can't are no help.   Is there a next step after disputing and phone calls fail?  It should be a very simple fix.

You should file a complaint with the CFPB. You need to be clear and consise on what the errors are and why they are errors.

Keep us posted.

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 11 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Catch 22 Between AMEX and Experian

@sjt wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Horrace36 wrote:

Through a tremendous number of phone calls I discovered that Experian uses a third party to report to FICO, Experian Direct (i think its actually a wholly owned subsidiary).  I got whipsawed between Experian, Experian Direct and FICO. No one takes responsibility and they just point fingers at the others. Additionally, issues arise on reporting code when its transferred between parties. Found contact info for a person at Experian Direct that wanted to talk. No one is truly paying attention. Why should they? They're monopolies.

Good to know.  I guess I really need to simplify and reframe my question.  

There are two derogs on my report in error.  No creditor reported them.   EXP so far will do nothing, after at least 2 failed disputes and multiple phone calls.  What recourse do I have?  I have gone with Ovation in the past, and it was largely a big, long waste.  I can afford to get an attorney, but I am not sure what that would do, although I am going to consult one.  How do you get through to someone who can do someting?   The first line people on the phone can't are no help.   Is there a next step after disputing and phone calls fail?  It should be a very simple fix.

You should file a complaint with the CFPB. You need to be clear and consise on what the errors are and why they are errors.

Keep us posted.

Hey Horace, 

Thank for the lead.  I may also check with California.gov.  They have a department for everything.  I have also reached out to a consumer affairs attorney.  I am going to explore that route for revisit my credit report issues.  As I said, I paid Ovation for two years, and I was at the very same score where I started.  I really have learned a lot from this community, as well.  I will get back with the complaint responses.

Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.