Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cavalry Boooooooo

tag
aquatic1
Established Contributor

Re: Cavalry Boooooooo

NYS law states that all PAID collections and CO must be deleted at the 5 year mark instead of 7.  CRA ususally delete at the time but many here on the boards from NYS have found that they sometime have to remind the CRA to delete.

@StartinOver wrote:

Hi, all. Let me add to the boohoo list: I have a collection at Cavalry for Sprint, also. When I closed my account of over 4 years they kept charging after it was closed. Then when I tried to get if off, they changed the story to say I broke contract, early termination fees. Well, I was not under contract and they had verified it several times before I quit. Obviously I could not longer access those records online after closing the account. My date scheduled for removal is 6/2010, not sure what my DOFD is, I need to check.

manj: I have a question for you. If your DOFD was 1/05, what does it matter what your state SOL is? SOL means they can't sue you and win after SOL, but it still stays on your report for 7 years. Do you know something I don't know, or is there a law in NY that says it can't remain?  Actually, in my state cell phone bills are 2 years for SOL.

Starting Score: EX:603
Current Score: EX:603 (10/16/19)
Goal Score: EX:740

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 11 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Cavalry Boooooooo

Same issue here w/me and Sprint and Cavalry. I guess time took care of it because in early '09 i received a new letter from a new agency offering to settled. I kindly shredded it. When i pulled my free yearly reports last week, Sprint was finally gone! But, Calvary is still there w/some old crap from another utility bill. *SMH*Smiley Indifferent
Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.