Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cavalry Portfolio, Buh Bye

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cavalry Portfolio, Buh Bye

Cavalry  portfolio  has been hounding me for years without validating the debt. I had absolutely no clue whether it was mine or not. So whenever I get a call I don't know I block it. I have over 100 numbers blocked. I started going through them and Google them to find out who they where. About half way through I had 17 different numbers blocked from cavalry portfolio.  No telling how many times they called from each number. I decided a BBB complaint was a good idea. Two weeks later they responded by closing my collection account and deleting from credit bureaus. 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Cavalry Portfolio, Buh Bye

Great News!! 

I have also filed a complaint to the BBB in the middle of Feb of this year after sending 2 validation letters to Cavalry.   1 last year and 1 in January of this year...   The never have responded.      I'm still waiting on the response from Cavalry from the BBB complaint.     How long did it take from when you sent your complaint in until Cavalry removed the item from your reports?   It's been almost 2 weeks since I filed the complaint, hopefully they respond in the next few days..

J

Message 2 of 5
Jverse

I send all my validation letters to the credit reporting agency. Then they will contact and give them a certain time to validate, if they don't, it's then removed. I never send my validate letter to the collection agency.... 

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

They will sell it off and reappear under a new CA.
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jverse wrote:

I send all my validation letters to the credit reporting agency. Then they will contact and give them a certain time to validate, if they don't, it's then removed. I never send my validate letter to the collection agency.... 

Tell us how successful this method of madness has been for you?

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.