Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cavalry Portfolio Saga -- HELP -->

tag
dallasareaguy
Frequent Contributor

Cavalry Portfolio Saga -- HELP -->

So I only have two major baddies left on my card... its the primary thing that keeps me from getting approved and keeping my FICO at 650....Both are from 2008/2009 and are set (according to annual reports) to fall off at the end of this year. They are both old BofA cards from a failed business... original balances of 3500 and 5500 that with interest are now reporting as 6300 and 9700.

So they have been with Cavalry for a LONG time... in 2014 they started having Northland Group attempt collection on it.. and now they have dropped Northland and hired yet another company out of Illinois attempt collection. I'm preparing to send the Texas DV letters for both of them as I'd like to see them removed early if possible. With them being time barred debts and SOL having kicked in, I offered them 10% of the original balance for each account and they didn't even reply.. just ignored me.

Does anyone know why they keep switching companies to attempt collection? I'm hoping to move on.. I've been perfect with my credit the last several years since the business failure... Any further advice on how to deal with this would be appreciated.

CapOne QS
$10,250

AMEX Delta Gold
$15,000

AMEX BCE
$5,000

AMEX BCP
$1,000

AMEX HHonors
$1,600

Discover it
$2,000
FICO8 Scores:
EQ: 648
TU: 654
EX: 691

(as of 07/15/2017)
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Cavalry Portfolio Saga -- HELP -->

BofA still owns the accounts?

Message 2 of 3
dallasareaguy
Frequent Contributor

Re: Cavalry Portfolio Saga -- HELP -->

Hi Norman... you and I PM'd a couple messages.. they are owned by Cavalry.... and both expire at end of year.. would love resolution sooner.

CapOne QS
$10,250

AMEX Delta Gold
$15,000

AMEX BCE
$5,000

AMEX BCP
$1,000

AMEX HHonors
$1,600

Discover it
$2,000
FICO8 Scores:
EQ: 648
TU: 654
EX: 691

(as of 07/15/2017)
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.