cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cavalry Portfolio Services backdoor number / CEO address?

tag
NibblesTreats
Frequent Contributor

Cavalry Portfolio Services backdoor number / CEO address?

The midland account that I currently have on my report is showing for an account that was CO in 2009.  I have been trying to track this down but it keeps going to back to Cavalry.  Let me explain.

I had a HSBC CO in 2009.  Cavalry purchased the dept and I have a note to myself on a copy of my credit report in 2010 stating that I had settled with Cavalry in February of 2011.  Unfortunately I do not have the money order / bank check reciept so I have no proof - but why would I write that on my report if I hadn't done it?  AND I remember working with Cavalry to settle this dept. 

I've called Cavalry and they said it belongs to Midland now.  So all I can figure is that Midland purchased the remainder of the debt??

So my questions are - how can I get information from Cavalry showing that I had settled with them?  Then if I can get something from them, how do I go about dealing with Midland trying to collect on the full balance?

This account is just not right (just have that feeling) and I don't see why I would leave myself a note stating that I settled something when I didn't.  I just want to see if Cavalry could shed some light on this so that I can do more about Midland.

Thoughts / Suggestions greatly appreciated!

Starting Score: TU 607, EX 606, EQ 611
Current Score: TU 675, EX 671, EQ 654 - FAKO scores TU 744, EX 735, EQ 728 - I wish these were my real scores!
Goal Score: 750 across the board. Simulator says 806 if I stay on track for 24 months
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
newmomnewme
Valued Contributor

Re: Cavalry Portfolio Services backdoor number / CEO address?

PM'ng the contact info I have for Calvary Portfolio....let me know if anyone gets back to you they haven't responded to my DV letter or e-mail.  Smiley Sad

012019 Fico8/Mortgage Score:
Current Fico9/Fico8/Mortgage Score:
MyGoal Fico8/Mortgage Score:
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 2 of 11
NibblesTreats
Frequent Contributor

Thanks newmom!  I'll let you know if I get anywhere with them.

Current Score: TU 675, EX 671, EQ 654 - FAKO scores TU 744, EX 735, EQ 728 - I wish these were my real scores!
Goal Score: 750 across the board. Simulator says 806 if I stay on track for 24 months
Message 3 of 11
fixmycred14
Established Contributor

I sent Cavalry a DV 30 days ago CMRRR for an HSBC acct. They responded that they would investigate and get back to me in 60 days. So, far nothing...

I checked my reports and saw that they added "Consumer disputes account". I called and had it removed. The HSBC acct situation is a real mess.

Starting Score: FICO TU 591 FICO EX 581 FICO EQ 555
Current Score: FICO TU 662 FICO EX 652 FICO EQ 643
Goal Score: 700 CLUB

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge NFCU nRewards $20K Cap1 Secured $500 NFCU LOC $15K TJX $250 BOA $500
Message 4 of 11
hikenc
Valued Member

There is hope!

I'm in the same boat as you guys.  I had an HSBC CC that was CO in 2009 and it was sold to Calvary.  I sent a DV with no response BUT they kept calling me after the fact even though the person I emailed stated in writing that he would gather the information I requested and stop collection efforts until that time. 

When I kept receiving collection calls I emailed the guy back and he immediately reported the account "closed" to all three CRAs.

I waited a little over 30 days, never heard anything from the DV request, so I filed a complaint with the CFPB a little over a week ago regarding the continued collection calls after he agreed to make them stop during the DV process (and the DV not being timely).

As of yesterday the TL was deleted from Experian.  I'm waiting to see if it's been deleted from EQ and TU as well, but I'm pretty sure it has. 

Calvary is horrible to deal with.  They will not PFD or GW.  There's no point in asking.  You have to use a different strategy like I did to have it deleted.  There is probably nothing keeping them from selling to a different CA, but hopefully it will be a CA that will PFD.  I'm not sure how the CFPB complaints work, but I don't think they make the debt go away. 

I hope this makes sense and was helpful to anyone dealing with Calvary.

Current Scores: FICO EQ: 608 | FICO TU: 668 | FICO EX: 653
Goal Score: ALL 700+
Message 5 of 11
newmomnewme
Valued Contributor

@hikenc, I think I am going to follow your lead and file a CFBP complaint...but they are NOT calling me AT ALL! Mine is for an unpaid Citifinancial personal loan; DOFD 2006 or 2007...Citifinancial is no longer in business, so I can't contact OC.  I dont know what to do, I wanted this settled before the end of 2013

012019 Fico8/Mortgage Score:
Current Fico9/Fico8/Mortgage Score:
MyGoal Fico8/Mortgage Score:
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 6 of 11
hikenc
Valued Member

Are you outside SOL? 

Current Scores: FICO EQ: 608 | FICO TU: 668 | FICO EX: 653
Goal Score: ALL 700+
Message 7 of 11
NibblesTreats
Frequent Contributor

Yes, SOL in NH is 3 years and we are going on 5 come next year.  

My dilema is trying to find out if I infact did pay Cavalry anything so that even if Midland does own the remainder of the debt (which I know can happen), then I want to make sure they are reporting the correct amount.   I am trying to pay the debt but I want to make sure it is correct first.

Message 8 of 11
Hargetthome
Established Member

Hi, would you mind emailing your Cavalry Portfolio Services backdoor number / CEO address?

John

Message 9 of 11
Jaybone2
Valued Member

I would love that # also,  Thanks

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.