Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cavalry Portfolio Services

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cavalry Portfolio Services

I recently noted a sharp drop of my CS.  A check of all 3 bureaus revealed that Cavalry Portfolio Services is reporting a collection to the tune of 5900, with Citibank as the OC.  I have serious doubts as to the amount trying to be collected.  Has anybody dealt with Cavalry before?  Should I send a Validation Letter, or would that 'awaken the sleeping beast?'  Any help or information would be greatly appreciated.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Cavalry Portfolio Services

All I can say is good luck.  They are horrible to deal with and they will not delete under any circumstances.

Message 2 of 6
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

If recently added, I dont see an issue of "awakening."

What is the date of the OC account delinquency, and what is the SOL for your state?

Do you live in a state with enhanced DV procedures that may require an itemization as part of their validation?

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@RobertEG

I live in Minnesota.  The SOL is 6 years, and the date of OC delinquency is 2014.  I am not sure on enhanced DV procedures.  Any suggestions? Thank you in advance.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@RobertEG

I live in Minnesota.  The SOL is 6 years, and the date of OC delinquency is 2014.  I am not sure on enhanced DV procedures.  Any suggestions? Thank you in advance.

I agree that they were a pain to deal with, but they did remove the collection account off of my reports.  When the account is settled, they send an email asking how service was.  This is an opportunity to make the request to delete the account.

Message 5 of 6
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Minnesota does not have an enhanced debt validation process.

You are covered only by the general provisions of the federal FDCPA process.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.