Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cavalry Portfolio wrongdoing

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cavalry Portfolio wrongdoing

On Dec. 17th 2015 I posted this:

"I got a letter from Citi in the mail last night notifying me that my account had been sold to Calvary Portfolio. So first thing this morning I checked my reports and they hadn't appeared yet. I called them up, they told me my account was with another agency? One of their agencies... but anyway I called up that agency and checked with them (no less than twice) that if I paid in full today it would prevent a collection from ever reporting. The lady assured me that if they were not already on my reports and I paid in full today nothing would be reported when they file with bureas on the 17th. I made sure to specify all three bureas, and no reporting. They took my payment and gave me my confirmation number.

I'll hold onto all my paperwork until after the 17th next month, but as of right now my Citi CO is all gone, no CO and no collection. Finally got something done!"

Well this weekend I got a notification that a collection account had been added to me Experian report. Lo and Behold it's cavalry.

They also added it to my Equifax report.

I filed a complaint with the BBB, is there anything else I should do at this point?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Cavalry Portfolio wrongdoing

You had a "meeting of the minds" when they stated that if you paid, they would not report.

That is an oral contract.

You can send them an intent to sue letter, stating that you consider them to be in violation of their oral contract, and give them 30 days to delete the reporting, or you will bring civil action for breach of contract.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.